Course Thread 2.0

A less presumptuous name.

The end of August is upon us, which means that many in this community will be returning to some level of schooling. The question thus goes out: what courses will you be taking this quarter/trimester/semester/year? It's always interesting to see the levels and subjects in which we spiderwebers are involved.

Personally, I'm starting this thread too early. I'll be a first-year student at a university with a quarter system, so I won't pick classes for another month. I'll post again once I know what I'm doing.

Originally Posted By: The AwEsOmE and Wise FlUtTeRtReE
High school, Freshman.
First quater:
First block:Guitar
Algebra
Geology-geomotry, whatever the study of land is >.>
And health.

Second quarter Health is replaced by Physical Education.

damn my life >.>
Why must algebra be too hard? <.<

High School:2nd Year
Interested in: All subjects

We had our classes in June, my average was 92.70 in 1st quarter, mildly disappointing...
Algebra is analysis, not mere memorization. We ended up at Quadratic Equations, the simplest of them all...
------
-A

Starting my first year of college (a harbinger of a coming subtle absence of my presence here, I hope) so I'm taking it easy with the course load to start off with. That, and I'm entering with sophomore credit due to all the AP classes I took in high school. Here's my first semester:

Econ 101 (a micro course that I've already taken, same textbook and all, but is required for my major)

PHED 100

HIST 191 - world history since 1450. A fairly arbitrary date, but that is irrelevant

FREN 202

High school, Freshman.
First quater:
Algebra
And health.

damn my life >.>

Wait, you get to play guitar in high school? I wish my school had offered that opportunity.

Junior year of chemical engineering (process and energy emphasis):

CHE 311: Engineering Thermodynamics

CHE 415: Particle Technology

CHEM 421: Physical Chemistry I

ENGR 360: Introduction to Fluid Mechanics

PHIL 210: World Religions

This is the first semester that I'm taking less than 18 credits. I'm tempted to take linear algebra, although it's not required, and I think the course material this semester is more than enough.

Originally Posted By: Enraged Slith
High school, Freshman.
First quater:
Algebra
And health.

damn my life >.>

Wait, you get to play guitar in high school? I wish my school had offered that opportunity.

They just added it last year.

I'll be taking modules on literature from the 17th and 19th centuries, as well as Critical Theory 2. I'm also still doing (or rather, starting, since I've not worked on it all summer) a module on research methods that's supposed to be a kind of practice for the independent study I'll do next year.

In some professions, such as Information Technology, there is no end to learning new things. Every year I have to retrain myself with regard to new and obsoleted features of the databases I administrate. Sometimes it requires a formal training course to gain that skill. We are looking forward to our next major upgrade to our Oracle database. This is probably a good 4 month process.

@DMW, I know how aggravating it is when you are in the hunt for a job. I had to spend a year throwing burgers at a Wendy's while I kept looking. Another time I had to jump from a company that was relocating and ended up taking a job that paid a lot less than what I had left. It was a $1000. NET cut in pay for an entire year. One thing I can say; with each interview I did, I learned more about the interview process. There is a fine line between coming across as competent as opposed to sounding like you're just winging it. I'm hoping for your success and soon.