Custom Titles?

adc.

I'm pretty sure this was posted before.

Custom titles sprout from the ground from sausages. You have to defrost a pack of sausuges and cook it for exactly 31 seconds. Then you have to quickly run outside, bury it, do a succesful moonwalk across the dirt, and do a handstand for 5 seconds. Wait 3 months, and you will have a cool new Custom Title! Use it wisely though.

You have to be an active, member of the community who writes well thought-out posts and stays out of trouble.

jk you just have to be at the right place at the right time (read: at the moderators' whimsy) and not ask for one. It's like the old karma thing, if you ask for it you get one-starred.

Most custom titles sprang long ago from the mind of Drakefyre when he was admin. Some come from *i. In general there are fewer given out now. Maybe we're staid and settled in our middle age, or maybe the mods just need occasional reminding to do this.

—Alorael, who will also throw out that there's more leeriness since the admin control panel has been known to cause disasters when not handled very gently. The UBB is a fickle mastress.

Originally Posted By: BMA
Um, I may be wrong of course, but I think this is slightly ridiculous. What do you have to do to get one?

(I'm not asking for a title.)

(See, this is what I meant :-P )

Getting custom titles marks that you are a known-member of this forums.
And yes, I do know that asking for something related to mod and stuff won't get you one. It was particularly obvious.
-------------
-And it doesn't mean I'm asking for one, Nighwatcher
-------------
But actually, who doesn't want one?

Originally Posted By: BMA
You're right, Nite, but its all this speaking about custom titles, while convincing the mods that you're not asking for one, when they know all along that you're dying to get one...which I called ridiculous.

Of course. everybody knows that. I'm Ok about Dantiuss(sssssss')' Response of
no-rage-face-meme-i4.jpg
And if I DON'T get one, I really don't care. But everyone prefers a custom title. Still, it is a mod's desiscion. Oh and BMA, I'm not trying to convince them. I also want to be a part of the users with custom titles. I'm not going to be fake...
--------
-And I say, I'd want one, but not desperately, Nightwatcher

I cannot think of anyone that received a (permanent) custom title with less than a thousand posts. In fact, as I said on CalRef last night, I feel that my 1300+ posts have been insufficient to establish a real persona here. It's the same reason I'm usually a minor character in Diki's stories- there just isn't much to work with.

Incidentally, those of you who are clamoring for one some day, if you think of the perfect title for a fellow Spiderwebber, pass it on to a mod. It might help you build up some karma for when it's your turn.

Originally Posted By: Actaeon
I cannot think of anyone that received a (permanent) custom title with less than a thousand posts. In fact, as I said on CalRef last night, I feel that my 1300+ posts have been insufficient to establish a real persona here. It's the same reason I'm usually a minor character in Diki's stories- there just isn't much to work with.
I feel the same way; I'm under the impression that I'm not going to make an appearance in Diki's latest episode at all. As far as developing a presence, it doesn't help that I tend to back out of the serious discussion threads; I'm still in school, so if I want to do political (or other topic) reading I'd do my homework.

Originally Posted By: Rehctawthgin's Nightcast
And if I DON'T get one, I really don't care. But everyone prefers a custom title. Still, it is a mod's desiscion. Oh and BMA, I'm not trying to convince them. I also want to be a part of the users with custom titles. I'm not going to be fake...
--------
-And I say, I'd want one, but not desperately, Nightwatcher

Stop digging. laugh

I asked for one years ago. That was before I was told of the 'rule' that if you asked for a custom title that meant you wouldn't get one. So now I guess I'm doomed forever! No bother though, I'm not here often enough to care what my title is. I just keep up with my post count, see how things are going around here and that's about it!

Post #679 cool

Originally Posted By: Triumph
I've wondered about your postcounting for a while, Arch-Mage Solberg. Since the forum keeps a count of your posts over on the side (under your avatar and date of registration), why maintain a running count in each of your posts? Just curious.

I always thought it was because the old UBB used to consume the postcounts of the unassuming. I guess it's also just a gimmick, but it never occured to me that it was until just now.

Originally Posted By: Triumph
I've wondered about your postcounting for a while, Arch-Mage Solberg. Since the forum keeps a count of your posts over on the side (under your avatar and date of registration), why maintain a running count in each of your posts? Just curious.

Because almost 2 years ago I was wanting to make a list of my posts from this site. I found all I could find but was left without my first 100 or so posts (too old I guess) and a few others. I only numbered them when the number ended with either 50 or 00. On my list I was wanting to put numbers with the posts, and have succeeded with most of them. To avoid such things in the future, in case I loose the list on my computer, I number all my posts now.

Originally Posted By: Actaeon
'Cause that's his thing.

Is that a penis metaphor?

Post # 681 cool

VCH is mistaken. Drakefyre did not give VCH a title. VCH gave it to himself during the brief period of time when all members could do so just after the board upgrade. Most of those titles were eliminated after that, but VCH's escaped notice, until he was banned several years later, at which point it was removed. VCH complained rather loudly and publicly about the fact that mods could choose their title but he wasn't allowed to keep the one he chose. There are even posts on PPP where VCH complains about not having a title, while PPP contains no record whatsoever of the phrase "Puck Fin" or "Puck Finn".

Nice try, VCH.

FWIW: I don't actually like the system where mods get to pick their own title, but regular members don't. I preferred the old system where titles were handed down inscrutably from on high. There was a certain mystique to them and a certain style. Part of the reason mods are hesitant to hand out titles now, I think, is that we are aware that if we all start handing them out willy-nilly, the mystique and style will decay even further.

That's what happened to Raven v. Writing Desk, though. I was very fond of it, but I just couldn't pass up Facepalming Hecatonchire -- nor, in the conclusion of the Deathmatch, Facepalming Hecatombchire.

You are only partially correct, Slarty. I did make my own custom title. It was Puck stop. My avatar at the time was a hockey goalie. But then Drakefyre changed it to Puck Finn. This happened.

Any way, I don't know why you can't find it. But by checking the PPP one would come to the conclusion that I never had a custom title. In fact, the PPP shows me having the title Shaper, constantly, from 2008–2003. Thus, while you are correct that I had a custom title that was removed in 2011 it does not show up on the PPP. Strange, No?

Also, if I'm fabricating I really don't know why I PMed this to i* in 2011 if I never had said custom title.

a>

Edit: Looking back at the PPP, my goodness, I started the dumbest topics (spam) ever, wow.

Little Fyoras these days crazy you will never understand one anymore.

Quote:
And that is why, Shapers never shape them anymore tongue

-------------

Hey Arch-mage Solberg, you said you are doomed to never get one anymore? Were the same bro.

-------------

-And Minecraft speaks for it, Nightwatcher

Oh, good. That was my understanding of the PPP, and it explains:

Originally Posted By: VCH
Any way, I don't know why you can't find it. But by checking the PPP one would come to the conclusion that I never had a custom title. In fact, the PPP shows me having the title Shaper, constantly, from 2008–2003. Thus, while you are correct that I had a custom title that was removed in 2011 it does not show up on the PPP. Strange, No?