Favorite internet face meme

Trenton.

Originally Posted By: Trenton the Trollestia.
Choose! Just because there is nothing intresting for me to talk about on here anymore. There are too many to list, so I just put up the most popular ones. I am partial to Cereal Guy my self.

If there's nothing interesting for you to talk about here, perhaps you should find a forum more suited to things you like to talk about instead of trying to change the subjects discussed at this one.

Just my two cents.

Originally Posted By: Trenton the Trollestia.
Oh, so MMXPERT is aloud to post 3 posting games in a row, but its bad for me to post a poll?

MMXPERT has also made 20 posts in the last 24 hours. That doesn't make either situation okay.

This being said, don't make a post "just because". For the sake of the forum, make sure there is a reason for submitting a post. We all have fallen prey to the Pointless Post, but this does not justify anything.

Originally Posted By: DANTIUS
If there's nothing interesting for you to talk about here, perhaps you should find a forum more suited to things you like to talk about instead of trying to change the subjects discussed at this one.

Just my two cents.

I remember when SW wasn't being destroyed by unintelligible spam.

Rasputin (Nalyd) is only speaking for himself, but speaking as a moderator, he's right about these images getting dicey.

Jeff pays for the boards to help sell his games. If they start looking like a lite edition of 4chan, he's going to lose sales rather than gain them. We will indeed turn off all images to prevent this, if we have to.

Dinti, that's fantastic. I'm glad I've seen it, and it fills my heart with evil glee to see troll faces co-opted by a man old enough that he's not supposed to know how to use a computer, much less how to anti-troll.

—Alorael, who considers the possibility that it's fake. It could be. There's no reason to think it is. And either way, it's a great and beautifully illustrated life story, almost like a more serious and more retrospective Hyperbole and a Half lite.

Yes, congratulations. Life is what happens while you're making little 2-line comments. You can always just decide in retrospect that you're too cool for base 10, anyway. 2048 is just 94 comment lines away. But why wait even that long? There are lots of fine numbers between there and here, if you use your imagination.

In fact, the really coolest thing to do would be to find the number between 2001 and 2048 that is the least interesting and unusual, the number that doesn't stand out in any way. Then celebrate that for the sake of irony.

Actually, quirky charm stayed good for a couple of days after that, but then there was a sudden crash. Over 90% of quirky charm was wiped out in a few hours of panicked posting. Silly avatars were jumping from 20-post page tops.

After a long and fierce argument on the moderator board, it was decided that General was too big to fail. We committed ourselves to pouring in unlimited amounts of quirk. Gradually things stabilized, and by now we're almost back where we started two weeks ago.

But it was close. And now there's a haunting moral hazard. The disincentive to seriousness has been lowered appreciably for the entire community. The next time may be much worse.

Originally Posted By: Master1
EDIT: And just like that, my 2000th post is wasted on this little 2-line comment.
Congrats on the milestone!

And just like that, my 3000th post is a little closer. wink

Originally Posted By: Student of Trinity
Actually, quirky charm stayed good for a couple of days after that, but then there was a sudden crash. Over 90% of quirky charm was wiped out in a few hours of panicked posting. Silly avatars were jumping from 20-post page tops.

After a long and fierce argument on the moderator board, it was decided that General was too big to fail. We committed ourselves to pouring in unlimited amounts of quirk. Gradually things stabilized, and by now we're almost back where we started two weeks ago.
So what you're saying is that our quirky charm works like a charm. A cursed charm, but a charm nonetheless. tongue

Excalibur, SoT, You guys are driving me absolutely squirrelly. Or am I just going nuts?

Visions of pink quirk injected into celery getting into your head? Now I have visions of purple quirk being injected into a cabbage! SoT, I think I shall rue the barbs that most certainly will begin flying at my avatar.