Who's your favorite pony?

keira

Originally Posted By: Master1
Originally Posted By: Soul of Wit
Upon quizzing my daughter, an actual brony, I have to ask: Why no choice of Dr. Whooves?

A friend of mine got me to watch Doctor Who. When he started talking about MLP, it was odd, but Dr. Whooves nearly convinced me to start watching.

DOOOOO IIIITTTTT.

Originally Posted By: q. compson
Just kidding, because I am jealous I don't understand the appeal of My Little Ponies.

I don't understand it either, Nikki. I put it on about the same level as Power Puff Girls, not terrible but not something to watch during prime time. Though I haven't heard of this Dr. Whooves character yet...

ps. 'Prime time' = any time I have control of the TV, 'cuz I don't get it all that often in this house.

Originally Posted By: Student of Trinity
(And here I was, clicking on this thread, hoping for some topic drift by page six. Sorry. Carry on.)
i dont come into your physics/philosophy threads with the twenty thousand word text wall posts and say snide things do i

Originally Posted By: BorionDorion
Im new here and it is funny seeing the spiderweb forum memes. Pretending to like that old show my little ponies, lol.

MLP is not a spidwerweb meme. Fluffy turtles and sanity are really the main ones here.

And I do not pretend to enjoy My Little Pony. I actually do. And the series I, along with many, many others, watch is the Friendship is Magic one, the newest series, originally developed by Lauren Faust. It's completely different from the old crap. Give it a try. smile

Originally Posted By: BorionDorion
Im new here and it is funny seeing the spiderweb forum memes. Pretending to like that old show my little ponies, lol.

Although we occasionally borrow memes from elsewhere, we also manufacture our own. Please deposit your sanity for fuzzy turtles and don't worry if you're propositioned by giant intelligent friendly talking spiders.

fluffy.GIF

Originally Posted By: Beer and Motor Oil
Your daughter is a "Pegasister", not a Brony smile

The web filter is called Ponify. I also use it.

She considers herself a Brony. This is true for many teen/adult, female fans.

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Brony

Ponify would be quite annoying for a primary web browser. Try reading any article with a high percentage of "ponifiable" terms and you'll go nuts.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, for the first time ever, after all my best friend in school became brony's, I decided to watch the series...Two shows came on today, and two more come on tomorrow. I have to say, they were quite entertaining. My favorite pony is, ofcourse, Rainbow Dash, and I am coming to understand the craze that seems to be happening.

Originally Posted By: Dintiradan
35lq1g.jpg

This x100. Good ol' Bill.

Also, I am boggled that a thread on My Little Pony is now on its third page. And still on topic, more or less.

I tracked down and watched a couple episodes of MLP online, and while it was not wholly lacking in entertainment value (notably the number of horse-related puns the show made), I was not wowed either.

Interestingly, of the MLP ponies, my favorite after watching a couple shows was the same as my vote here (made before I'd ever seen any MLP).

Says the one who prefers to be, and I quote from MANY posts and pictures of yourself. "A strange Fyora looking genderless dinosaur." Twilight kicks butt to some, and sucks to others. I personally don't like the whole, "Genderless" thing. Ofcourse, I know you meant that post as a joke "Ofcourse you like twilight so what you think doesn't really count :p" but I take twilight very seriously. Thank you.