Avalon on I-PAD

TomH

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: This Charming Man!
Wait, people still go to the main site rather than just coming here?

The only time I ever get there anymore is when I misclick on the little white type that says "Spiderweb Software Homepage" instead of the equally small type that says "Forums" when trying to navigate back somewhere on my iDevice.

Originally Posted By: VCH
You people and your i this i that. It's rather depressing not owning anything with an i in front of it.

Just remember it's all imaginary! And even you started multiplying the number of i devices you owned, you'd only end up with one negative device.

Originally Posted By: Triumph
Originally Posted By: VCH
You people and your i this i that. It's rather depressing not owning anything with an i in front of it.

Just remember it's all imaginary! And even you started multiplying the number of i devices you owned, you'd only end up with one negative device.

Not so! If you get four iDevices, you'll have a positive real device, which you can then trade in for an actually useful product, like a computer with Windows instead of a mac!

If you wanted to do useful things, then you really shouldn't get a computer. Games, the Internet, music- they're really just one big distractions.

In fact, you can eliminate the computer entirely by instead obtaining a typewriter, an abacus, a slide rule, and a device to manipulate symbols on an infinite strip of paper according to predetermined rules or algorithms!

Originally Posted By: Dintiradan
<pendant>Before the advent of digital computers, 'computer' was a job description. So even without a Turing machine, the combination of Nicothodes + typewriter + abacus + slide rule forms a computer.</pendant>

I'm not sure what a NECKLACE has to do with minute concern for an obscure and disused definition of a word. tongue

<pendant>Before the advent of digital computers, 'computer' was a job description. So even without a Turing machine, the combination of Nicothodes + typewriter + abacus + slide rule forms a computer.</pendant>

I'm not sure what a NECKLACE has to do with minute concern for an obscure and disused definition of a word. tongue
Originally Posted By: Dantius
Wow, and I thought I was a pedantius.

tongue

Well, it depeds.

Originally Posted By: Micawber
With all the pedantry in this thread, I'm surprised no one has yet pointed out the errors in the topic title.

It's funny, the other day I saw a sign entitled "Avalon" in the same font as the Avadon logo. I did a double take and tried to take a picture, but by the time I had my camera out I had already passed it. Shame.

Originally Posted By: Micawber
With all the pedantry in this thread, I'm surprised no one has yet pointed out the errors in the topic title.

Yeah, I haven't posted in here yet because doing so would have required a comment like yours, and I'm terrified of what our new overlord mod Lilith would do...