A Second Geneforge RP OOC

Acky

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Shaper Spddin
Hypno...halve the number of troops at our borders to 50 or the Arbors i will send to your city will block out the sun, and when the darkness is lifted, all that will be left is dust and ashes, and all will be silent save the constant roars of the flames consuming what is left of your Doctors...

The last thing any of your kind will hear are the swooshing sounds of our Arbors and the screams of your dying people. The last thing they will see is a cloud of fire and ice that is coming to envelope the city. The last thing they will smell are the burning bodies of your soldiers. The last thing they will feel is the searing hot flame of my Arbors, or their razor sharp claws. And the last thing they will taste is the warm blood in their mouths...that is a promise.

I intend to keep my promise....but i will give you 24 hours to decide to back off. If you want to win. Sky,Rayne, Ash, terra, Kohler, and Spddin. All 6 of the councilors.

I have my armies, my research, and my creations. We WILL win. Remember that.

Nioca: Only four can shape- Revak, Kalinnin, Nihsun, and Dantius. You have HUNDREDS of shapers. Ackrovan has literally THOUSANDS of them, and they are Drakons, too. Spddin can capture a province with ONE casualty. By the time my campaign is done, I will have less than eight hundred Gazers, and about a hundred are support staff not capable of fighting. Surely you won't begrudge me a dozen-ish Titans? They aren't unkillable, and Spddin seems eminently capable of taking them down.

w: I have. See my first post. They break down CO2 into O2, and kill other bacteria while they are at it.

Case in point: The new creation you created. It can explode in "a magical blast that can incinerate most living things". And I am called shenanigans on for have a couple of creations that quite clearly fit well within the games universe, seeing as they were included in the games themselves! No, the Titans stay.

@Spddin: I have soooo much to correct its not funny. First of all since way back in Geneforge 2. Shapers cannot think of a creation and then shape it. You are making a Tekol and are re-checking it. It takes a long time to test a creation and one simply cannot make one, write some notes and boom new creation.

In the first seven years of the rebbelion 3 new creations were made. Kyshakks, Tralls and Wingbolts. I will admit thats a good time period. Since your first post you said you have made a few new creations in 100 years. Thats fine. When you think one, then instantly they are ready a few days later is not right.

You do however give good descriptions and resons behind everything but you need to tone things down. Thats why alot of us are getting our info from outside scources. Doctors got the Unseen by raiding drakons. Gazers are getting their things by similar means.

Next we have spies. Its good they had nothing to report because if they had my carefully place Ion cannon would have incinerated your pathetic citadel. Why?

1) No one knoews were the vault it.

2) Only Doctors are permitted at Kayer

3) The Passes through our lands are blocked so info can only travel via Farsight which there are very few crystals.

4) Hypno is on the move.

5) Artemis is doing who knows what.

The only info you would have would be overhearing conversations in Perkalia and unrestrict Stormhold. When you do have spy info remeber this.

Finally and most importantly. We have not even attacked you yet. We have not even started our build up yet as we are waiting to morning. So how do you know we have attacked you?

. . . . . . . .

Okay rant over. Personal query. How many shapers do you have?

There are about 1400 Doctors left

about 550 Arterials

Gazers are soon to be under 800

Serviles there are many but they need not be counted

Drakons who cares they rulled for 100 years so there will be many.

This forum assumes that Drakons won and only pockets of shapers survived. How many of you are there?

OMG yes first on page 3 of IC. No more seeing "Flabergasted and Alert" smile

I will edit my part in the IC post now Nicoa

Alright, I think that about does it. It seems to me that it's becoming more a game of "get bigger guns and kill everyone else" then it is an actual RP. We've got Spddin creating a whole bunch of stuff, we've got Dantius getting an army of superweapons, my main person I'm conflicting with seems to have disappeared, everyone seems to be attacking each other for the hell of it, I'm so far behind the others it's not even funny...

Yeah, I think I'm out. Safey, if you want to take control of my faction (the Enlightened Shaper Confederacy), go right ahead. Otherwise, the ESC is now officially an NPC faction.

I'm still fleshing out the ideas but essentially a shaper that that has been in hiding a coastal barrier island or mountain chain making and chugging canisters for centuries and researching and creating a powerful army of creations. His main goal would be to wipe world of all life and replace it with life replacing it with creations loyal only to him. This is however a goal know only to him

Originally Posted By: Nioca

Alright, I think that about does it. It seems to me that it's becoming more a game of "get bigger guns and kill everyone else" then it is an actual RP. We've got Spddin creating a whole bunch of stuff, we've got Dantius getting an army of superweapons, my main person I'm conflicting with seems to have disappeared, everyone seems to be attacking each other for the hell of it, I'm so far behind the others it's not even funny...

Yeah, I think I'm out. Safey, if you want to take control of my faction (the Enlightened Shaper Confederacy), go right ahead. Otherwise, the ESC is now officially an NPC faction.

Honestly, I'm afraid I'm going to have to go, too. Not only is this becoming a massive research superweapon fight, as Nioca mentioned, I'm simply being overscheduled and don't have the time to write the plotlines and keep up with the RP.

That said, I'm expecting Kov, and the Presence, which at this points controls him more than anything, to be the counterbalance to everyone's superweapons. After all, they're mostly all creations with minds, so the Presence can ultimately destabilize them. I think he should be pretty powerful, especially since the Presence doesn't need Kov to survive at this point.

When I conceptualized the Presence as a force in Terrestia, I planned it out as the Presence itself having to be something that's fought by a coalition of non-creations. Sort of like an army of Arterials.

The Greyghost are being conquered by Dantius right now. I think Safey your only option this stage in the game would be to take over a Dormant faction. We know that the Sholai, ESC and Ashen Isles are Avalible.

I think it would be good to take one over but mabey a schism within the ranks makes you the new leader of the said Faction. You may want to PM the previous owner of that faction to get Info about that faction and where it was heading.

Well then I declare you the proude owner of the Ashen Isles. Its the only place that never really had a story line. Everywere else is underattack or conquered. Sucia is barred. You will be relativly out of balance from the rest of us but it dosn't matter. Your forces can easily join the fight for Burwood so your fate won't be sealed.

Basically Ashen Isles with your own Leader, Army, Beliefs plans or nothing.

Okay this is the current situation:

Hypno = Currently Posting

Sleeping Dragon = Currently Posting

Dantius = Currently Posting

Artemis = Being re-intorudced

Spddin = Currently Posting

Ackrovan = Just tring to find time.

Nicoa = Dropped out

Kov = Dropped out

Safey = Possible new faction

Spddin it would be silly for you to drop out as many of us are still posting quite activly and we may have a new player. Just consider this the RP's quite time.

All right everyone.

I have not "dissapeared". School has started, and I didn't have internet access for the last two days, so I wasn't on. Really. If I'm not on straight for two weeks or something, consider me "dissapeared".

Nioca: Quit being a baby and get back here so I can kick your ass.

GK: You too.

Safey: Welcome to the RP! I'm sorry we didn't have any spots immediatly available for you. Hope you enjoy smile

Nioca2: If you really are dropping out, then this 7-paragraph battle will be replaced with a 3-paragraph about me taking over most of your lands in Mera. You have until then to reconsider if you want to play.

EVERYONE: We've all (and that includes everyone) crossed the line between powerful and too-powerful (me included). Arbors are not gods. They need to be toned down. Also, your casualties are unrealistic. You can't expect to only lose 5(5?!) Shapers in a battle for even half a province. Do NOT waste your energy remaking your previous posts, however. Instead, focus it on making sure you're playing fair. I can understand and relate to wanting your faction to win, but everyone's got to have a chance. And please don't drop out. And please don't wish bad things for this RP. Thats just poor sportsmenship. If you really want to stop, then so be it, but don't do it because Nioca wussed out and GK is lazy tongue

I WILL have an IC up by 12:00. If I don't, then I vow to abandon the gimmick Archon/Master. For. Ever. I would ask you all to hold me to that.

-- The Great Archon

Yeah, I really want to come back now. rolleyes

Ackrovan: I did not 'wuss out'. To put it gently, I was becoming greatly dissatisfied with where the RP seemed to be going and what was happening in it. Rather then simply whine about it, I decided to resign. Pure and simple.

Dantius: Do not. Get me. Started. Period.

Originally Posted By: Dantius
Lord Grey = Atheism's Martyr, yes? And is it an Alorael style daily change or permanent?

Lord Grey = Atheism's Martyr = Nalyd. He changes his name fairly frequently.

---

Everyone take a deep breath and calm down. If someone wants to leave the RP, then they should. It's a better option than trying to hang on when you're no longer having fun (because then you probably won't want to participate in later RPs) or falling behind/disappearing (because then that messes other players up).

Ackrovan, you need to work on your jokes, because they don't come across at all.

Dikiyoba now returns you to your regularly scheduled RP.

I just like to point out that overlord has gone through enough self-shaping (considering he been doing little more the slurping canister for 400 years assuming he averaged 30 canisters a month that could be a lot). that anybody with any shaping abilities would likely sense his presence emerging to the north east. Not that many would know what his presence is.

Also trying to get some advice how the I'm a god thing

As it stand he has about 170 servant minds and about 70 vlish blimps and himself and the amount of creations they can control.

What I'm going for is instead of having a hug army of shapers I have him