A Second Geneforge RP OOC

Acky

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Factions RPs are more land based than character based. The fun lies in being descriptive about your ideology, and you mostly act through your faction's leader. I suppose the objective is simply to defeat everyone else's faction, mostly through outmaneuvering. Kinda harder to explain than I thought... maybe someone could post a link to an old faction RP for reference? You guys have done them on these boards before, right? If not, I might be able to find one from a different board.

Ooh, this sounds fun. I think i'll play. Gimme five minutes to figure out what i'm doing...:)

My faction's location: EVERYWHERE. Where there are farmers, there are Artieites. I think that I have the most advantage here. My faction will have everybody cursing the wit of the commoners! mwoohahaha! smile [gotta work on the evil caccle.]

This is the link to the user registration page:

http://rpwiki.calref.co.cc/index.php?title=Special:UserLogin&type=signup&returnto=Main_Page

Can you tell me where the broken link is on my site so I can fix it? If you're having trouble using this page, you can PM me your wanted username and password, and I can register an account for you.

Emperor: Yep, yep. Most people left wouldn't even know it exsists.

Artemitis: I think you should go over your faction a bit. "Angry Farmers" are a bit to vague. How are they supposed to get their voice heard? If their just farmers, then how do they intend to actually acomplish anything? Through fighting? But their just some farmers. How are they supposed to fight against Drakons, mad Lifecrafters, and renagade Shapers? Are they supported by other outsiders? Do the remaining Lifecrafters intend to help them? I'm not trying to ruin your fun or anything. If you want to run with a faction of farmers, all the more power to you. But just be sure you'll have all the tools you want (while staying within the rules, of course).

SD & Shaper Spddin: Good intro posts.

GK: 'aight. If you cant', you can't.

I'll wait a few days to give time for anyone else to join before I submit my faction, and therefore start the actual RP.

Hmmmm you're right. I probably should give it a bit more thought. ooo

h i know: FOOD STRIKE! all of this babling about the importance of farmers got me thinking: Why dont we show everybody what life will be like without us! Now you guys are going to have to barter weapons for food. haha. Thanks Acky.

W-dueck: PM on the way. the whole URL is B**tchy. Thanks.

Yes and no. The key ideology of the Barzites is absolute power. For the Enlightened, it's absolute knowledge.

Common ground here is that they both allow self-shaping, canisters, and so forth. They both push Shaping far beyond what normal Shapers would allow. And they both tend to eliminate anyone who'd oppose them very quickly.

However, there's also differences. In fact, they're almost complete opposites in which parts of the Shaper Doctrine are applied. For the Barzites, they were hardline creations-as-slaves-only when it came to creation rights. The Enlightened fall closest to the Awakened in this regard, granting independence and equal rights to intelligent creations. Meanwhile, while the Barzites freely partook of self-shaping and power like candy, the Enlightened hold firm on the idea that such power needs to be carefully controlled. While not as restrictive as the Shapers, they certainly keep a tight grip on who's allowed to do what, and common civilians are no more likely to learn Shaping under the Enlightened then they were under the old Shaper regime.

On wednesday, I think we should start the RP, just to give people a bit more time. After that, they can still join, but they should wait until an arc is complete, if there is one that's forbidding them from joining. Any objections?

Edit: Also, here's where Kywhyiss-Uss. Excuse my crappy editing. Its the black spot next to Mera

The map for ASG.

Basically, it's the same as the combined map posted near the top of this thread, but there's some major differences.

1) It's been sized down by 50% and cropped to be extra snug. This makes it easier to take in at a glance, and also reduces the weeping of dial-up users.

2) The quality of the image has been reduced. Again, to reduce the weeping of dial-up users (and my weeping when trying to upload it).

3) Sucia Isle has been added to the map. It's between the two prongs of eastern Terrestria.

4) Territories for the factions have been marked. Pink stars are Faction Headquarters/Capitals.

5) Some of that horrific red text and marking have been removed.

Okay, now a few things of note.

Emperor - Check to make sure you want Red and Black. I'm not sure it shows up well. Also, you mentioned that your faction is on a large island in the middle of Terrestria. Seeing as Samman's Isle just happens to be of decent size and right about where it should be, that's where I placed your faction. Let me know if this is agreeable. Finally, does your faction have a main headquarters or capital city? If so, where is that located?

Goldenking - Your faction is marked blue. If you want that changed, that can easily be done. I also took a guess and marked Southforge Citadel as your base of operations. Again, if you want it changed, let me know.

Sleeping Dragon - Sadly, Drypeak doesn't appear on this map, so I did the best I could.

Ackrovan - Did I get the dimensions of your faction correct? I didn't want to make it too small, but I also knew he wouldn't have an overly large amount of influence either.

Artemis - Where's your faction located? I couldn't place it on the map, but I'm willing to bet there's some sort of headquarters or major sphere of influence. Also, what color do you want?

Spddin - Same thing. Where's your faction, and what color.

Is it possible that next time you just take the maps right out of the game, and not include those area boxes? It would just make it is much less of an eyesore. (not you're editing)

I'm right where I should be.

Edit: Sucia is wayyyyyyyyyyyy to big

A few last quick points;

You are allowed to create NPC factions for the game. The same rules apply for these factions (can't be too powerful etc.) You can only make a few factions, unless some are destroyed; no dropping random names and forgetting to use them.

You are allowed to make your own creations, since enough time has passed that there may have been advances in Shaping. Make sure that they abide the rules and common sense. Don't make me regret it.

woa. I didn't know this thing had an auto censor. COOL.

and i think that i'll take the Mera-Tev somewhere: You're pick.

Color...let's see. um... purple i guess. I'm not really a color person: Black usually suffices for me, but I'm not sure if that would really make a statement on the map.

Purple it is.

oh, and yesyes, Arterials will do for me.

Originally Posted By: Master Ackrovan
Is it possible that next time you just take the maps right out of the game, and not include those area boxes? It would just make it is much less of an eyesore. (not you're editing)

Unfortunately, those boxes are right in the GF map files, so there's no getting around them. I managed to partially delete the one on Sucia, but I can't remove the parts on the mountain without taking out the mountain as well. So... yeah.

Quote:
Edit: Sucia is wayyyyyyyyyyyy to big

Size down Sucia. Got it.

Originally Posted By: Artemis the Conqueror
and i think that i'll take the Mera-Tev somewhere: You're pick.

Color...let's see. um... purple i guess. I'm not really a color person: Black usually suffices for me, but I'm not sure if that would really make a statement on the map.
Purple it is.

oh, and yesyes, Arterials will do for me.

Got it. I'll make the appropriate changes.

Quote:
Unfortunately, those boxes are right in the GF map files, so there's no getting around them. I managed to partially delete the one on Sucia, but I can't remove the parts on the mountain without taking out the mountain as well. So... yeah.

For Vista, you can just go directly into the games graphics folder and take the maps from the Graphics core. I thought this was the same for other windows systems.

Originally Posted By: Nicoa
Size down Sucia. Got it.

No, eliminate Suacia. It was previously agreed that Suacia is not included at all, as it would upset game dynamics too much (i.e. the person who controlled it would win).
Check to make sure you want Red and Black. I'm not sure it shows up well.

Red and black FTW.

Seeing as Samman's Isle just happens to be of decent size and right about where it should be, that's where I placed your faction

No, the island in question is not Samman's Isle, because Samman's Isle is very small, and covered in snow. It is another island, not mentioned in the game but still on the map.

Originally Posted By: Nioca
Sleeping Dragon - Sadly, Drypeak doesn't appear on this map, so I did the best I could.

The Border Wasteland is Drypeak, because Alwan tells you Gazaki means "younger Gazak", and Gazak was the challenge area in G2.

The Emperor is currently photoshopping a new map one far younger and more powerful which will just contain the outline of each factional territory and the capital, without all that green stuff to eat up memory.

About the map: Gah. I'll find it, and take my rightful place as your loyal servant. Nothing can hide from the Archon for long. :)But i'm off on tuesdays: Gymnastics.

woa, Goldenking! Rock on! I thought that there was no way in Hell that the sholai were coming back, because honestly noone likes them. But hey, power to 'ya. This will truly be interesting...

Originally Posted By: Master Ackrovan
Quote:

For Vista, you can just go directly into the games graphics folder and take the maps from the Graphics core. I thought this was the same for other windows systems.

Yes, but those map files have the box on them.

Originally Posted By: The Emperor
Size down Sucia. Got it.

No, eliminate Suacia. It was previously agreed that Suacia is not included at all, as it would upset game dynamics too much (i.e. the person who controlled it would win).

Wait, what? I thought it was agreed that the Drakons had decided Sucia was off-limits, not that it was out of the game. Besides, the stuff there isn't more powerful than the stuff brought to the mainland... considering, you know, that it's the same stuff. Besides, most everything there is wrecked anyway.

Quote:
Seeing as Samman's Isle just happens to be of decent size and right about where it should be, that's where I placed your faction

No, the island in question is not Samman's Isle, because Samman's Isle is very small, and covered in snow. It is another island, not mentioned in the game but still on the map.

It's not that small. Anyway, I'll see what I can do.

Quote:

The Border Wasteland is Drypeak, because Alwan tells you Gazaki means "younger Gazak", and Gazak was the challenge area in G2.

Can't be. Shape's off, the facility is placed on the wrong side of the valley (it's on the NW side in GF2), and there's no snow.

Furthermore, you're also failing to consider that it's named that because it's a newer version of Gazak, not Gazak renovated. Same way that New England isn't actually in England.

Re Diki: Yes, but remember how small it was? And how it was shaped somewhat like this:

Code:
              ---       ----             | G -------  E |             |              |               |      D   |               |          |                 |   T      |             |              |             | S  ------- R |             -----       ---- 

With the entry in the NE. the Spectral Gazer in the NW, the Rotdhizon in the SE, Samman in the SW, and the Cryodrayks and Tralls in the center? The island on the map is oblong, and green even when Samman was alive.

EDIT RE NICOA: I was saying that at least part of the Drypeak valley was the border Waste, probably just the NW most side.

Can't be. Shape's off, the facility is placed on the wrong side of the valley (it's on the NW side in GF2), and there's no snow.

Furthermore, you're also failing to consider that it's named that because it's a newer version of Gazak, not Gazak renovated. Same way that New England isn't actually in England.

This has been gone over at least twice in the G5 Forum. Drypeak and the Border Wasteland are one and the same. Gazak-Uss and Gazaki-Uss are one and the same. Really.

Dikiyoba.

I'm still not convinced. After looking over the old topic (and there was 1, total), I saw nothing actually prove that Gazak-uss and Gazaki-uss were the same. The idea that the Border Wastes is Drypeak Valley is rather absurd. It's plainly obvious to anyone that's even seen both maps that there's no geographical way it'd come even remotely close (unless, of course, compass directions magically shift at will in the GF universe).

So I'm downloading GF5 again and going to do some digging of my own. It'll take a couple hours on dial-up, so feel free to have at it when it comes to calling me a stubborn [censored] in the meantime.