Surviving Characters (G1-G5)[G5]

I'd like to know if there are any characters that are in all of the games, or at least are in G1 and survive to be in G5. The person I've found is Rhakkus (he is in G1 & 2, and in the final fight at inner Gazaki-Uss), but he doesn't talk to you at all (I think) in G5. If there are no surviving characters I can talk to in G5, I'd like to know who has been in the most Geneforges.

Was Learned Darian in G4? I can't remember.

It doesn't really make any sense that Rhakkus is in G5. All endings but the taker one (which obviously did not happen) say that all Takers fled but the drakons, who were all killed. I don't see how he survived G2.

Also, there's something I can't put my finger on about Akhari Blaze. Which ones were he in?

Rhakkus was not in G5; he was killed in Bernii-Uss in G2. In fact, every Drakon was killed in G2 because they did not flee with the other Drayks and Serviles when the Shapers purged the Valley, with the sole exception of Orriss-Blaze (I most certainly misspelled that). Isss-Ta was a Drayk, not a Drakon, so that wasn't her. Not only that, a proud Drayk, so canonically she would never allow herself to be turned into a Drakon. Plus, in G4, she stated that sh came to Northforge to help reserve the Geneforge there, so there is no reason to believe that she left the facility. In fact, both of those Drakons in Inner Gazaki-Uss are probably the product of Jeff going "Meh, why not"

To answer your question; Nope. Not a single character was in all games. Amena Blade came the closest, but he was not in G5.

@Potato: Nope. He was a little tiny bit in G3, but that as only for Loyalists. And Akhari Blaze was only in G3-5.

Edit: The Great Archon

Quote:
I don't thing he was in Geneforge 5, actually. Well, not in the game itself, just in endings where he took over the Rebellion as a result of Ghaldring's death. That barely counts.

I guess you didn't play the Rebel endgame. Akhari makes a special appearance and helps you attack the last of the council.

Dikiyoba: Yeah, but he was arguably more Drakon than Drayk.

The Great Archon

Ackrovan is right about Rhakkus: the game says specifically he is halfway between the two, but at other times just says is "one of the first drakons." It only refers to him as a drayk before his transformation.

If those 2 charcaters in G5 are both drakons, presumably they were just named in honor of two famous drayks.

Originally Posted By: Slartucker
If those 2 charcaters in G5 are both drakons, presumably they were just named in honor of two famous drayks.

Rhakkus and Issss-Ta both fight right beside Ghaldring in Inner Gazaki-Uss, though, which presumably means they're high-ranking. (Either way, Dikiyoba thinks it was an odd choice to give that pair of generic minions names at all, let alone names that have been used before.)

Originally Posted By: Dikiyoba
(Either way, Dikiyoba thinks it was an odd choice to give that pair of generic minions names at all, let alone names that have been used before.)

I agree, but let's not forget that JV brought back two characters of comparable or greater relevance -- Anastasia and Garzahd -- as plot-irrelevant liches in A4. Bleh.

Ackrovan / UBS - where does it state that Rhakkus was killed post G2? I can't find it anywhere.

Garzahd's appearance, which wasn't a lich so much as a tortured undead soul, was actually quite good. It did absolutely nothing to develop Garzahd, but it was one of the few meaningful Rentar moments in the game.

—Alorael, who really only got the sense that Rentar was psychotically evil from Garzahd's presence. Most of the rest of A3 and A4 can be chalked up to cultural differences and vigorous disagreement.

Quote:
Ackrovan / UBS - where does it state that Rhakkus was killed post G2? I can't find it anywhere.

It doesn't state it specifically, but check the ending texts for G2 where the Shapers come to purge the valley. It says that every Drakon stays and fights the Shapers while the Drayks and Serviles flee. They all die. Since Rhakkus was more Drakon than Drayk, it can be assumed that he was killed either by the PC or the Shapers. And even if you want to argue that he's more of a Drayk and therefore fleed with the other Takers, why would such a plot-relevant character make absolutely no appearance or mention for 3 games in a row, save a smidgeon in the very last zone?

The Great Archon

1) None of the ending texts are canonical. This is well-established. It is common for the next game in the series to start from a point that is similar to one particular ending, but it is never identical.

2) We know from Litalia's autobiographical spiels that Ghaldring emerged before the end of the Shapers' razing of Drypeak. He obviously didn't die there, so that's already one exception. It's not hard to imagine that Rhakkus happened to be on a mission outside the valley when the razing began, and didn't return. He's been an unprincipled and self-centered character from his first appearance, so this is quite plausible.

I agree that it makes no sense for him to disappear entirely for two games and then have a dialogueless cameo in G5. However, it's possible -- if he stayed in Western Terrestia and just didn't happen to cross the PC's path until the end. I agree it seems unlikely, and I would still assume that Ghaldring shaped an assistant and named him in honor of one of his forebears. But we can't know for sure.

1. None of the ending are completely cannonical, true, but the Shaper ending for G2 is definitly the closest.

2. Umm, outside the valley? How would that be possible? And why would the Takers send one of their best researchers away from a very important project? (a la Geneforge)

Maybe we should just Email Jeff and ask him if the Drakon was supposed to be the actual Rhakkus.

The Great Archon

Originally Posted By: Shaper Spddin
I think he/she's saying G5 makes no sense all in all.

*She* laugh. And Diki is pointing out that GF5's plot often isn't consistent with what occurred in the prequels. Just off the top of my head: The second continent just disappeared, and Litalia's tale of how she came to join Ghaldring is altered.

Added to which, the plot of GF5 isn't even internally consistent. Taygen's head researcher states that the Purity Agent *probably* won't work against the Unbound and drakons, Taygen tells the council that it *won't* work against the Unbound and drakons, but in Taygen's ending it leaves the drakons and Unbound deathly ill. Huh?

Originally Posted By: Master Ackrovan
Maybe we should just Email Jeff and ask him if the Drakon was supposed to be the actual Rhakkus.

The Great Archon

Ask a man who forgot an entire continent of Shapers? I doubt that Jeff evens remembers at this point what happened to the original Rhakkus.

Originally Posted By: Dikiyoba
Also, the fact that the ornks in Kaz survive the release of the shredbugs is simply ridiculous.

Quote:
*She* laugh.

It's not, actually. To be honest, I'm not sure what pronoun to use. Just pick something neutral, I guess.

Or just sidestep the question, like Dikiyoba does. Whatever floats your boat.

Wait, what? From what I've seen on the photo thread, you're *all* woman.

Originally Posted By: Untamed Banana Slug
Wait, what? From what I've seen on the photo thread, you're *all* woman.

stop hitting on xir, it's kind of creepy

the forums are not a dating service and any attempt to use them as such will end in tears

unless you're kelandon i guess

Originally Posted By: Untamed Banana Slug
Added to which, the plot of GF5 isn't even internally consistent. Taygen's head researcher states that the Purity Agent *probably* won't work against the Unbound and drakons, Taygen tells the council that it *won't* work against the Unbound and drakons, but in Taygen's ending it leaves the drakons and Unbound deathly ill. Huh?

Taygen couldn't find a drakon sample to test it on and decided to err on the side of caution. He just got lucky.

Or: it would have eliminated the need for a final battle in the Taygen ending, making it anticlimactic.

Although, maybe if Taygen loses the vote and attacks the other councilors in a fit of mad rage or something...