Rebel or Shaper

Guest Anonymous

Why did you put the Trakovites in parentheses?

Oh well, I would think that the shaper's should win, were it not for the fact that they have been relaxing their strict rules and becoming more like the rebels. I don't care if they have to to survive, I like them for their principles. The world could be in pretty bad shape if what the rebels are doing RIGHT NOW continues. The shaper's strict rule was supposed to stop this very behavior!

These topics are getting redundant...

It has already been decided who won to set the stage for G5.

Though I have no idea who I want to win.

Trakovites are hopeless, Drakon Rebels are stupid in one way (even though they are smart in everything else), and the Shapers will eventually cause another war to happen.

I don't care who wins in G4 as long as it makes a faction in G5 happen that will set everything right.

I usually take the Trakovite ending, not because I think it's a good idea (or even possible) to get rid of Shaping, but because I think it's the best option independent creations have for freedom. The Shapers will kill them if they win, and the drakons pushing for the unbound aren't much better. A stalemate may force one or both sides to change.

Dikiyoba.

The debate goes back even longer to GF3. If you go back to GF1 you will see that all the sides had good points, but had a distinct tendency to leave bloody floors behind where the spies were last seen before you rat them out.

Jeff really loves moral dilemmas so expect more with the formation of some new viewpoints in GF5.

Its a pity that the debate just sort of died like that; I had just come up with some really good metaphors to prove my point , only to find there wasn't even an argument going on anymore. Everyone just agreed that they wanted the awakened back and the Rebels would just end up destroying the world.

Most people seem to have been suckers for the Awakened, but actually I think G2 made it pretty clear that they weren't really what they thought they were, or what players wanted them to be. Learned Pinner and her nice humane bunch were weak and helpless, growing carrots in Medab and kidding themselves that they had a chance. The only real hope for survival for the Awakened was the power developed by demon-summoning Tuldaric and his drakon-enslaving 'Barrier of the Winds'. And he was obviously going down exactly the same road as the Takers and Barzahl, just a few steps behind.

Originally Posted By: Student of Trinity
Most people seem to have been suckers for the Awakened, but actually I think G2 made it pretty clear that they weren't really what they thought they were, or what players wanted them to be. Learned Pinner and her nice humane bunch were weak and helpless, growing carrots in Medab and kidding themselves that they had a chance. The only real hope for survival for the Awakened was the power developed by demon-summoning Tuldaric and his drakon-enslaving 'Barrier of the Winds'.

Weak? Helpless?! Have you even played the GF2 Awakened ending? The Awakened rip through the Shaper armies like rabid monkeys on a banana! Mind, they only fight defensively, but if anything, that's because they'd rather die than walk down the Takers' path.

That said, Tuldaric is a bit nuts. But he's a right sight better than the Drakons.

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
Nah, Jeff makes all the sects have flaws so you can't stomach them. At least GF5 starts off with a good reason to hate the first Shapers that you meet. But by the end of the demo you aren't too happy with the idiots that run the Rebels.

so you begin in the rebel camp? i thought jeff said that peeps will choose between begining the game as either shapers or rebels.

Originally Posted By: Student of Trinity
Most people seem to have been suckers for the Awakened, but actually I think G2 made it pretty clear that they weren't really what they thought they were, or what players wanted them to be. Learned Pinner and her nice humane bunch were weak and helpless, growing carrots in Medab and kidding themselves that they had a chance. The only real hope for survival for the Awakened was the power developed by demon-summoning Tuldaric and his drakon-enslaving 'Barrier of the Winds'. And he was obviously going down exactly the same road as the Takers and Barzahl, just a few steps behind.

The one advantage the Awakened had is that they still intended to stop. All they wanted were the Drypeak Mountains and enough power to defend them. The Takers and the Barzites didn't intend to stop; they were after more and more power. And it's clear the Shapers care so much about control and looking perfect to outsiders they can't stop either. So while there was absolutely no guarantee that the Awakened would stop, there's at least a chance, which is more than what the other sects offered.

Dikiyoba.

The Drakons in the barrier of the wind unlike the ones the takers made, were not shaped to be intelligent, the were essentially uber powerful fyoras with wings. Added to that, the begin philosophy of the awakened means that the drakons would have been well taken care of and treated humanely. Demons b their very nature are evil, so there's nothing wrong with enslaving them. Tuldaric was going a little loopy, but the rest of the faction could have reigned him in.