Litalia Discontinuity (spoilers)[G5]

Slariton

Litalia's backstory has been completely rewritten between G3 and G5. In G3 she says that, as a neophyte shaper, she was taken on a mission to kill serviles and shape new ones by her Watcher (a la Shanti in G2). She did so, felt guilty, tried to kill *him* (emphasis on the gender -- her watcher was not Shanti), failed, then fled and was found by Ghaldring in the woods.

In G5 she implies she was a full shaper ("making the required hordes") before being sent to "a village called Drypeak" to deal with "a rogue shaper." The fact that she was sent to just the village suggests that the G2 PC actually died, because the other endings either involve Drypeak Village becoming irrelevant, or are noncanonical for more obvious reasons (eg, barrier of the winds).

Anyway, in this new story she slaughtered all over Drypeak Valley until she met Ghaldring in the underground lair where he had been incubating.

I kind of assumed she's insane. Or that there are multiple timelines and continuities in play. In G5 she's the alternate universe version of Litalia. And she's Bizarro Litalia in a G4 (which is why she smiles all the time). Pink Kryptonite may figure into this somewhere.

Continuity issues aside, I liked her evolution from inhuman and almost monsterous in some ways in G3 to her attempts at regaining humanity in G4 and her new beliefs in G5.

It's symbolic, actually. You face yourself and have a serious conversation.

—Alorael, who now wonders if Litalia is a dragon too, or possibly just a figment of the imagination of PCs from G3 through G5 from too much canister use. Who's to say she's the one with memory problems?

At least that one makes more sense than the ending where Erika wakes up and realizes that it was all a weird dream about Shapers. I particularly failed to enjoy the part where she is woken up by the sun coming through her window.

—Alorael, who does, however, understand everything much better. Ellhrah kills Dumbledore!

Originally Posted By: Slartucker
Litalia's backstory has been completely rewritten between G3 and G5.

The backstory she gives in G4 matches the first part of the backstory she gives in G3. (She was an apprentice, she had a Watcher (gender not specified), she had to destroy a bunch of serviles and shape new ones, she ultimately failed the test, and that's all that's given.)

Could it be possible for both stories to be semi-accurate? I seem to remember her Watcher took the attempt on his life pretty lightly. I also remember her not giving a whole lot of details about how she met Ghaldring. Maybe she actually passed the test, became a full Shaper, and met Ghaldring in Drypeak?

Dikiyoba.

No, in G3 she says that Ghaldring found her in the woods when she ran away; she's very specific about that. She's also specific about the fact that she ran away immediately after her Watcher dismissed her attack on his life. Apparently Ghaldring sensed her fear and distress and came to find her. (Drakon empathy!)

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
Well that makes sense this the next step after perfecting the anvil spell is to use magic anvils for more damage.

Ah, the final clincher in proving that this was lies!
haha i had hoped they would end with the beta testing, oh well, they're amusing.