do you use cheats?

eeeeek

In-game cheats in Geneforge..are usually buff, gold, and exp..the exp given is based on your current level..and gets lower as you get higher..the gold cheat appeared on G1 and G2(?), disappeared in G3, and reappeared in G4, as I remember..gold given also decreases..now you're aware of it..

For the sake of it..I only use cheats when testing things out..

Cheats break the game way too fast, and are obviously not necessary. Just lower the difficulty level if you're having trouble, or you could get into a lot more (like LaKiRa@ said).

I learned this truth the hard way in G4. My character was no longer challenged by anything, and I never used cheats again.

"The human form is not strong enough to handle that much power. It brings arrogance, and madness." - Macnulty, Geneforge 2

Quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:
Dikiyoba uses cheats to do exploratory type things (like to check various endings) but not at other times.
Aye..I use it just to measure how much stats I can put into creations and what is the more optimum way of progressing..

Basically..quicksaving and loading is cheating itself..

For the most part, I only cheat to heal myself or replenish my essence or spell energy. I know there are cheats to reset your canister count, but I no longer use them, as I can't remember them (I'm also too lazy to look them up).

Quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

Dikiyoba uses cheats to do exploratory type things (like to check various endings) but not at other times.

I've done that a few times with G1-G3. Interesting, huh?

• 1 year later...

lol if i'm gonna cheat by using exitzone just to heal myself, then i'd still be cheating using healmenow, it's just more convienent. i always use some stupid explenation, such as exitzone is just me teleporting, and dbugkill is just a heavy version of kill. or, my favorite, pleaselikeme is my awesome mind control technique

So long as I've cleared an area and gotten to the surrounding areas already, exitzone seems fine. I've never had problems with it (at least not ones that can't be fixed by reverting to the quicksave I do right before using it).

Also, healmenow and rechargeme are useful, but only get used when I am near the exit of the zone or have a clear exit. Cheats for me are just time savers.

Originally Posted By: MSIVX
If you need cheats for G2 go to my trainer thread. Also if anybody needs any other cheats for G1-G5 then i can make them for you really quick.

You can make them? Is it possible to make a cheat to that will give me a point in a particular spell/skill/creation then? Thanks smile

The Great Archon