Shaping Schools

So I've finished the demo with a awakened agent and I'm thinking I want to start a obeyer shaper before I buy the game but reading the various posts it sounds like you can only afford to invest in one school of shaping to succeed? Is this true of all the games, as that would be really lame and render making a character just to see the creations kinda pointless. Might as well stick with my creation-less Agent.

LIES! Where did you get them? Probably from 4chan.

-----

No. Don't listen to them. Concentrating in a shaping skill may help you succeed, but there are various enemies throughout the game.

Let's say, there's a Glaahk with a decent resistance to magic, but weak when hit physically. When you only concentrate at magic, you may be able to create Glaahks, artilas to fight the creature. Then it takes time to take down the enemy.

Another example is, the same Glaahk, but now you have a clawbug, a roamer and a thahd. A clawbug does physical damage, as well as the thahds. Plus the roamer for support. The Glaahk won't be able to resist much damage or none at all.

Try to be versatile. Sure, concentrating on a Shaper school might be a good idea, but it has its disadvantages. It depends upon your preference. You may be one step behind in creating creatures, but at least you have a variety of them. Also, try to train your character with magic and a few points of endurance, to be able to withstand some damage.

-----

-Nightwatcher

As far as character builds go, there "most powerful you can possibly be" and there's "able to finish the game on a casual difficulty setting." If you really want to optimize, then it should come as no surprise that concentrating on one type of shaping is the way to go (sometimes this is because of how the shaping mechanics works - G1 - and sometimes it is became one type of creation is preeminently powerful - G3). However, if your aim is just to finish the game a normal difficulty setting, you probably can safely dabble in different types of shaping (especially in some of the later games like G4 where there items to give shaping skill and where massive investments in shaping skill aren't as helpful).

Oh yeh, all questions I ever have will be in order to beat the game (all challenge areas included, and killing anyone I don't really like), on normal. I've already called it quits on a Shaper though. It doesn't appeal and I miss making things exploded with my mind (How i interpret Firebolt.)

Keep in mind that you don't actually need to invest a bunch of points into every Shaping skill to make creations useful. 3 points in a skill is enough to unlock most of the creations from that school. Raising a shaping skill further just gets you bonus levels and access to the upgraded versions of each tier of creations, which are nice but generally not essential.

Keep in mind that you don't actually need to invest a bunch of points into every Shaping skill to make creations useful. 3 points in a skill is enough to unlock most of the creations from that school. Raising a shaping skill further just gets you bonus levels and access to the upgraded versions of each tier of creations, which are nice but generally not essential.

Yeah. What Lilith said. I cheated my skill points to over 9000 using CE and I raised all of them into 30. When I shaped my first fyora, it was in level 19 and could do 73+ damage. It's not worth it. If you want to have a creature upgrade then you must get 3 points of Create -insert creature name here-. Having one point of it gives you the ability to shape the creature. Having two points of it, I don't know what it does, but makes your creature probably a little stronger. Having three points of it gives you an upgraded form of the creature.

-----

Also, stick to your creations. They become stronger and gain XP. Don't absorb them when unneeded, make full use of them while you still can.

-----

-Nightwatcher

Yeah. What Lilith said. I cheated my skill points to over 9000 using CE and I raised all of them into 30. When I shaped my first fyora, it was in level 19 and could do 73+ damage. It's not worth it. If you want to have a creature upgrade then you must get 3 points of Create -insert creature name here-. Having one point of it gives you the ability to shape the creature. Having two points of it, I don't know what it does, but makes your creature probably a little stronger. Having three points of it gives you an upgraded form of the creature.

-----

Also, stick to your creations. They become stronger and gain XP. Don't absorb them when unneeded, make full use of them while you still can.

-----

-Nightwatcher

They're over 9000! . . . and yet under 31. 0_o

You know how those glass cannon agents are. There's an impressive burst but they've got no stamina at all.

—Alorael, who put too much effort into making puns out of romance and the types of shaping and then threw up his hands in disgust. Some things are too low even for him.

—Alorael, who put too much effort into making puns out of romance and the types of shaping and then threw up his hands in disgust. Some things are too low even for him.

And that is why Sucia island was barred. All those shapers "Enhancing" themselves just embarassed everyone on the council.