Odd weather...

Øther

Everyone seems to be talking about global warming effecting the planet, but whether it is or not, it does seem that some really wacky weather is happening. Where I live, it is the first day of June. Normally, in any other year, it would be either already in the hundreds or close to it, and would have been like that for a large portion of May, too. But this year, thats not happening. I don't even think that its gotten to the 80's yet. I have been told that the last time anything like this happened was 39 years ago. I was wondering if the weather was being strange in other places, too. If it has where you live, what's been happening?

The weather has no sense of timing. When I wanted to work in my garden for about ten hours total on Saturday and Sunday, it was nearly 90, humid, and the sun was beating down. And yet when I try to stage a Memorial day barbecue, it is of course pouring rain and thundering.

*shakes fist at sky*

It's gonna suck when all that glorious black gold in the gulf begins to cause the water to heat up and we start suffering from oil induced hurricanes. Only humanity could ever come up with that one, oil induced hurricanes. We're so awesome. I mean, we're just too cool to wait for the greenhouse effect to take effect, we need some of that climate changing goodness as soon as possible. Is there anything oil can't do?

Yeah, that's the biggest cultural difference between Europe and America, really. In Europe it's rare to see an alligator even smolder, and in the States you're checking the rear view mirror at every red light, to see if the burning gator wave is catching up. It explains a lot, if you think about it.

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
There's nothing wrong with the weather. I just wish the guy across the street would stop building that ark. He says it'll be done before the monsoon hits in a few months. But all those animals in his backyard are starting to stink.

Just tell him he only needs to bring one of every "baramin" and he'll be fine!

I thought I was used to the funny weather. Heavy rains followed immediately by such intensely summery weather that it all steams right back up into the clouds and then rains again? Sure. Snow with winds that make the blizzard horizontal, and it's March? Of course. But then today it rained up, and I decided the weather is too intense for me.

—Alorael, who also lost his favorite umbrella when it became too heavy as the water filled it.

Quote:
I thought I was used to the funny weather. Heavy rains followed immediately by such intensely summery weather that it all steams right back up into the clouds and then rains again? Sure. Snow with winds that make the blizzard horizontal, and it's March? Of course. But then today it rained up, and I decided the weather is too intense for me.

—Alorael, who also lost his favorite umbrella when it became too heavy as the water filled it.
Sound like the fountains of the deep are bursting forth again. Better get in contact with Randomizer's neighbour and see if there's room on his ark for you.