When you die...

When you die in the game...What do you think happens after?

Do you think you are eaten,maybe?

Or probably left there to rot?

And what do you think would happen if you died in GF4,who do you think would have won?

You are the only person who makes a difference in the game...

I would imagine I would be eaten if I were killed by the Rotghroth pack in Northforge warrens. eek

Josdhhht, please don't double post. Edit your posts instead.

Dikiyoba's impression of shades is that some of the weaker ones are creations (like the thahd shades in G1, or the ones spontaneously created in crystal mines) but that the more powerful ones are the spirits of the dead kept around due to some sort of magic or because they don't want to pass into the afterlife for some reason.

• 2 months later...

For me I think it depends. Wouldn't it for everyone? For example, if you have creations ( for those whose body does not just explode) they would eat or at least do something with your lifeless dead corpse. For that matter would any intelligent creature ( like drakon, gazer, drayk) suddenly be free? By that I mean they become independent in the sense those who are a part of the rebellion are. (This is all assuming our creations don't immediately fade away due to our death and don't go the way of the rouges in Shaper Monarch's den.)

I always imagined that my creations would die if I die. Through my essence they are closely intertwined with me that it just doesn't seem right for my cute little fyoras to devour my corpse as soon as I fall down.

The coolest thing about shades is that even though they can be so powerful, they don't spend their time dwelling on how awesome they are. They are not like the conceited and egomaniacal drakons who can't stop bragging about their power and trying to take over the world. The shades are content with their little crystal caverns or whatever.

It's actually like Groundhog Day. As soon as you die, you reawaken at the last point you pressed F3.

On a side note, there should be a Load Game button on the death dialog. This is an easy implementation. More importantly, F4 should load the Quicksave file from that screen as well. It would save swing-and-miss players like me hours.