Rotghroth

Well it probably would depend on what type of mine is used right? I mean, the rebel mines are just organic goo (correct me if I'm wrong). The mines more commonly used by the Shapers are the ones with creature-like characteristics. And even with the shaper mines, if you disarm them, they are still technically alive.

Quote:
Retlaw May:
A properly grown Rotghroth can speak and has basic reasoning skills.
I can't remember ever speaking to one, where does it say they can talk?
Quote:
BLACK HAZE:
the vlish,in certain areas I think there is a part where you feel thoughts or whatever going through you mind,and saying you are in the presence of a vlish.
I think this is more due to the mental prowess of your chracter. Shapers tend to have significant mental powers when it comes to dealing with any kind of creation.
Quote:
Thuryl:
That guy's also the most severely canister-addicted person you meet in the game; anything he has to say about creations is therefore suspect.
You, my friend, have been brainwashed by Shaper propaganda. I could just as easily say that since he is addicted to canisters, he is seeing far more clearly than any of us and would thus have unique insight into creations.

I forgot about that one talking Rotghroth. Well, it seems to be the exception, not the rule. They are still as dumb as the trash they live in.

As for vlish, their psychic abilities are very limited. They can use it to communicate, which, while efficient, is not a sign of superior intelligence. They can also use their minds to disrupt opponents, but a common mage can do the same thing. They are not so tough.

They are much less aggressive than most rogue creations. Roamers, fyoras, and thahds often get bounties put on them because they like to attack civilians and farmland, most likely for food. Higher creations like drayks and will usually form communities due to their intelligence, sometimes reclusive, sometimes aggressice. But some just stake out a small bit of territory and generally don't bother people unless said territory is violated, rotghroths and glaaks are examples of this.

By far the most agressive of all creations are the serviles. They form communities that are often banditry oriented or worse (the rebellion). They are devious and should never be trusted, they usually arm themselves and sometimes attack humans outright.

GF1 has serviles getting the idea of banditry from a human book.

Some creations just want to be left alone. The serviles of Sucia Island would probably resolved their differences eventually when one faction died out. Since the Takers were being poisoned by a sealed lab, they were more likely to have been the ones.

Quote:
Originally written by BLACK HAZE:
Okay,so is G4 worth buying? If so i'mma buy it tonight,but if its boring and easy i don't want anything to do with it.
Make your own decision man! smile no one should tell you what to buy or not to buy. In another thread you ask about the best creations, just go your way, pick your favorite ones and explore, take sides and kill some nasty monsters! that's the way to go wink Every one will have a different reason to pick one of another creation, pick yours!
greetings laugh

I think that rotghoroths are icky but very interesting, I imagine them as the undead zombies of geneforge, like slow decaying corpses. I think they are very tortured creations inside that corrupted body...

So the upgraded version is called corrupted rothghotorh? Aw I really liked the name Rotdizon(whatever) it's a very cool name...

I find the vlish amusing too, they not only master mental effects, they are also very poisonous. eek and they hover in the air!!

Vlish telekineses isn't solely limited to shapers, in G3 at dhonal's keep(west side) you kill a vlish which was inhabiting a warehouse, and the woman who gave the quest said:(QOUTE)

"And here's the strange thing. Don't think I'm crazy, but something isn't right in there. hen I'm in there, things are strange, and too cold. I keep trying to make myself think it's my imagination, but I don't know"

-i think im gonna make a collection of "shaper notes" of the creations from all 4 versions

Cheap Jeff, rather. He doesn't make his own graphics, so more pretty pictures cost more money.

—Alorael, who means this as no slander of Spiderweb Software or any associated parties. He does, however, have to wonder if maybe a few bytes could be shaved off of download sizes by clever in-game palette swaps.

Nalyd is stuck in the third person, Diki always has her last paragraph in the third person, and my signature is always in the third person. I'd say we're not crazy, but quite frankly I don't have the evidence to back it up.

—Alorael, who can at least claim that he gimmicked first. These things are important.