A Fun Little Project of Mine

Idea:

I want to make something else in Flash, using Geneforge graphics and in the same world as the other Geneforge stories. A lot more in-depth, though, than WtA . Not necessarily canon, and definitely not a part of the main storyline of Geneforge. In fact, I haven't considered a plot yet at all. I'm open to ideas. Furthermore, it deviates entirely from the play style of other Spiderweb games. It's an isometric action game. You'll play a Shaper, primarily, running around, shooting fire, and trying to keep from being eaten.

-

Progress:

• February 9: I picked apart some of the Shaper graphics I need to make a player character, and gave him the gift of walking around at the whim of the arrow keys. For now, I'm just trying to get a play engine down.
  • February 17: Retrieved graphics for spell casting. Playable version available soon.
  • February 25: v.0.1. Goodness gracious, great balls of fire. Gave player ability to shoot fireballs. Also randomized tile choice.

Play it here .

Minigame:Everyone remember Whack-the-Artila ? I'll probably go to hell for posting it this many times, but there you have it. The current high scorer is Jeran Korak, with 177.

-

Disclaimer:[print=fine]Of course, there are the issues of using Spiderweb Software's original concept of Geneforge, and of using the official graphics without explicit permission from Spiderweb Software. Let it be made very clear, here, that I have no intent to profit from this project - if anything, I hope it brings the upcoming Geneforge finale more publicity! Still should Spiderweb tell me that I'm a grubby sprite thief, I'll accept that and cease the project altogether.[/print]

-

Oh, and...Please note that viewing SWF's in-browser, especially from imageshack where I post them, noticeably slows frame rate. Don't worry - they're just for previewing. Complete releases will be downloadable (and probably oversized) EXE's.

Updated. v.0.1 released: play it here .

Nothing to it really - you can walk around and you can shoot fireballs in eight directions. Novel ideas would be appreciated. Story, goal, enemies, spells; I can implement most anything given enough time. I don't even have a working title for now, so fill the suggestion box!

Quote:
Originally written by Nick Ringer:
Updated. v.0.1 released: play it here .

Nothing to it really - you can walk around and you can shoot fireballs in eight directions. Novel ideas would be appreciated. Story, goal, enemies, spells; I can implement most anything given enough time. I don't even have a working title for now, so fill the suggestion box!
Collect twenty canisters to make it to the next level? Something like Subterra, with environmental problems that need to be solved to get the canisters.

How about a lockdown? It was mentioned in an abandoned Shaping Hall in GF1 that, should a creation problem get out of control, the Shaping Halls and schools are built so that they can be locked down until someone experienced can come and clean up the mess.

So how about this: A large shaping hall is locked down when rogues and the like suddenly start flooding the place. The people get out, and you are a shaper assigned to clean up the problem. Along the way, you discover that someone was secretly experimenting with smart, humanoid spawners like the ones encountered in GF3. One of the spawners was a success, and is now creating bigger and nastier creations to defend itself. As such, the only way to stop the rogues is to kill the spawner. So you have to proceed through the levels of this shaping hall, each one getting progressively tougher, to kill the rogue spawner.