Foundry Repository[G5]

You can get in once you have a key (which takes a while) or you can fight the golem (or run past it and sneak through, I guess, although that's pretty dangerous). It's a place for storing things that the Shapers don't want to keep around but don't want to throw away. There's lots of powerful monsters and some nice treasure, although not all of it is available to every faction.

The golem will let you by if you have a key, but you can just fight it and enter anyway if you wish. You can explore pretty much everything inside except for five locked rooms, all clearly labeled with signs outside of them. Like Thuryl said, you need those keys to get in and they are available only much later and only to certain factions.

The first key I found was...

Click to reveal..
From Litalia. Do the quest for her to kill the Trakovite hunter and her next quest will be to go to the repository with a key that she gives you.

Edit for the Ratt: No, I believe they can all be reached by different factions, though the one I describe in the spoiler is actually available before you even join the respective faction.

There are other keys you can find, earn, or steal. All the vaults can be accessed, but not in one game without cheating.

—Alorael, who believes most of the keys are accessible without joining a faction. Some of those require you to start the quests for a faction, though, so you'll need reputation that skews one way.

Foundry Repository keys -

B - Alwan faction only and must swear

C - found in Gazaki-Uss (all factions can get to it)

D - Trakovite quest, but you can get as Rebel without swearing to Trakovites

E - Taygen faction only and must swear

G - Astoria faction and you must swear

• 2 weeks later...

If you join someone (Taygen), that automatically means leaving your previous allegiance (Alwan). Alwan isn't too pissed off surprisingly, if you tell him, he says something like "Well, I'm glad you had the guts to say it to my face".

p.s. I'm still trying to figure out how to Join/Leave all factions, but I'll just say this: Leaving Astoria faction makes it impossible to complete the first trakovite quest.

This is for anyone who just wants to get in without going through the entire game and joining and quiting factions to get in.

To get in: Type:

B sdf 8 10 1

C sdf 8 11 1

D sdf 8 12 1

E sdf 8 13 1

G sdf 8 14 1

I'm just telling you people this to help you out.

By the way, typing sdf 8 6 2 gets you into the repository without a key and without having to battle the golem.

• 1 month later...

My theory: There is one key for each faction, right?

So where's Rawals?

I just think that he has his key somewhere and won't ever give it to you. The door is just there.

Oh, and what bothers me is that the control mechanism mentions eight keyholes, not six.

I'm pretty sure that it's a typo, though.