Most up-to-date versions

xenogears

Shouldn't there be a stickied thread that contains the most up-to-date Windows and Mac versions of OBoE? It seems as though a lot of people (myself included) frequently have trouble locating the most recent builds at any given point. A sticky that receives regular updates (and maybe lists what changes have been made in that version/what bugs still need to be corrected) would go a long way towards keeping the project accessible and reminding everyone that progress is still being made.

Right now the only place to download a playable OBoE is Ormus's signature for PC and Khoth's for Mac (which I think is down anyway). There's a link to the source code on the main site, but it tells you to go the forums for anything else.

So we should probably take those and put the DL links into a sticky thread. Since the 100% free version is more attractive than Spiderweb's shareware demo (why that's still up I have no idea) a lot of people are going to come looking for it and have no idea where it's at.

Quote:
so playing on Vista is an option?

I've been playing the 32-bit version for a while without any major problems (except for the Character Editor). I'm on XP, but I don't think there's going to be much of a difference in Vista - the real problem, I believe, was the 16-bit installer, exe and inability to handle long filenames. Since Ormus' version is 32-bit it should play OK in Vista.

Quote:
Do you ever notice that you have lost map data for a town or outdoor area? Or has this bug been fixed?

To be honest. I never noticed anything like this in the past. I've recently finished Adv. Club games, quite complicated, lots of towns. I noticed some times some placeables in queer places. I hit town reset (shift+ > ]and it was gone. Never happened to loose any data though. Any example?

• 3 weeks later...