G2-I Artifacts - where and what do they do?

Artifacts:

Feisty Glove - maximum 4 augmentations - unarmed damage increased with strength

Improve with mandrake and infernal residue

-1st augmentation increased melee damage without weapon

- 2nd augmentation - daze added

- 3rd augmentation  - stun effect

Helix Ring (+2% physical and magical armor) - maximum 3 augmentations

Need to kill certain named NPCs while in inventory to charge

- Spells

—1st Augmentation - Battle Magic +1

— 2nd Augmentation  - Mental Magic +1

— 3rd Augmentation - Blessing Magic +1, +2 Creation Quick Action

-Shaping

—1st Augmentation - +30% faster creation cool downs

— 2nd Augmentation - +10% to creation melee and magical damage

—3rd Augmentation - +10% to creation magical damage resistance

- Physical attacks

— 1st Augmentation - +1 Melee weapons

— 2nd Augmentation - +1 Missile weapons

— 3rd Augmentation - 8% melee damage

Frosted Amulet:

Improve once with mandrake and infernal residue

- ice power to ice spells - essence lances and airshock to added 20% damage

- ice creation attacks (20% damage bonus to cryoas and crydrayks)

- ice power to melee attacks (20% chance of equal cold damage)

Sharon’s Ring 

- need Shard of Pure Crystal, Purified Essence, and Tendon of Rogue Dryak

— Infiltrator’s Ring - (+3 Agility, +2 Leadership, +2 Mechanics, +2 Stealth)

Lindian

- A Mighty Shield  - Perfect Glaahk scale, Black Crystal Powder, Purified Essence

— All-Protector (+10% to evade attacks, +2 Evasion, +10% creations chance to evade)

Learned Darrian

- Darian’s Breastplate - Perfect Glaahk Scale. Claws of Infernal, cured Battle Gamma skin (Mutant Gamma Flesh) - Slayer’s Chestguard (+10% damage to self and creation damage)

Learned Shath

- Shath’s Girdle - Claws of the Infernal, Deep Focus Orb, Blood Poison - XP 100 @ lvl 15 and Creator’s Belt (+10% creation physical armor and hit chance, +25% creation Mind Effects res., +20% creation Stun res.)

For completeness' sake, they have the following armor values:

Frosted Annulet: 2% armor, 8% magic armor

Slayer's Chestguard: 44% armor, 22% magic armor (also has -10% accuracy and 60% stun resist like a shaped breastplate would)

All-Protector: 25% armor, 15% magic armor

Creator's Belt: 8% armor, 5% magic armor

Feisty Slap Gloves: 6% armor, 2% magic armor

Edited by Mechalibur

Per the Steam boards, there's a bug w/ the Feisty Slap Gloves, that should be fixed in a few weeks w/ 1.0.2. I believe weapon shaping skills don't work w/ it.

I have fond memories of the FSG from Mutagen. I'll be curious to check it out when I play a Guardian.

Helix Ring: 30% faster cooldowns... 3 turns still remain 3 turns or do they drop to 2 turn cooldown, meaning every other turn? 

Does it give the bonuses in all things? Or do we choose where the augmentations go? I.e. does 1st augmentation gives Bmag+1, 30% less cooldown and +1 melee? Or we choose? And if we choose, how? 

11 hours ago, Randomizer said:

Sharon’s Ring 

- need Shard of Pure Crystal, Purified Essence, and Tendon of Rogue Dryak

— Infiltrator’s Ring - (+3 Agility, +2 Leadership, +2 Mechanics, +2 Stealth)

Lindian

- A Mighty Shield  - Perfect Glaahk scale, Black Crystal Powder, Purified Essence

— All-Protector (+10% to evade attacks, +2 Evasion, +10% creations chance to evade)

Learned Darrian

- Darian’s Breastplate - Perfect Glaahk Scale. Claws of Infernal, cured Battle Gamma skin (Mutant Gamma Flesh) - Slayer’s Chestguard (+10% damage to self and creation damage)

Learned Shath

- Shath’s Girdle - Claws of the Infernal, Deep Focus Orb, Blood Poison - XP 100 @ lvl 15 and Creator’s Belt (+10% creation physical armor and hit chance, +25% creation Mind Effects res., +20% creation Stun res.)

Is it possible to have all those? I.e. are there two Glaahk Scales, 2 purified essences and 2 claws of infernal? 

Are there items that give a big bonus to Shaping? Like +3 to Fire Shaping? Not that +1 is not good, but the items that give the +1 are meh otherwise. 

Edited by alhoon

To charge and thus improve each artifact (Frosted Annulet (takes 1 charge), Feisty Slap Gloves (takes up to 3 or 4 charges), Helix Ring (takes up to 3 charges, with each charge available after you kill certain prominent NPCs with the ring in your inventory)), you need to have one sample each of mandrake and infernal residue when using an anvil.

Guess you sold the residue or mandrake... I think there's just barely enough residue/mandrake throughout the entire game to get all upgrades, but since it looks like you're still fairly early, you should be able to at least collect enough to fully upgrade one of the three artifacts. As I see you're playing as a Shaper, only the Helix Ring is likely to be of use to you anyway IMO.

6 minutes ago, mikeprichard said:

Guess you sold the residue or mandrake... I think there's just barely enough residue/mandrake throughout the entire game to get all upgrades, but since it looks like you're still fairly early, you should be able to at least collect enough to fully upgrade one of the three artifacts. As I see you're playing as a Shaper, only the Helix Ring is likely to be of use to you anyway IMO.

I didn't sell any mandrake or residue. But I plan to charge my Felix on the guy that killed Shanti as soon as possible. And I have no residue nor I was planning to fight the Infernals.

2 hours ago, mikeprichard said:

To charge and thus improve each artifact (Frosted Annulet (takes 1 charge), Feisty Slap Gloves (takes up to 3 or 4 charges), Helix Ring (takes up to 3 charges, with each charge available after you kill certain prominent NPCs with the ring in your inventory)), you need to have one sample each of mandrake and infernal residue when using an anvil.

This is super helpful, thank you. I managed to play through a Shaper game w/out the Helix Ring. Either I missed it or sold it stupidly. About to start either a Guardian or Agent game shortly, and I'll be sure to grab it/hang on to it this time, even though you mentioned it was probably better for a pure Shaper.

You're welcome! And the Helix Ring only boosts the different magic schools by 1 point each and when fully upgraded also gives a couple points to creations' Quick Action, so it's not critical for a Shaper; just potentially helpful. More useful for an Agent IMO (though by the time you get it fully upgraded late in the game, probably not), and for a Guardian, you're gonna want that Frosted Annulet.

Edited by mikeprichard

On 4/14/2024 at 8:53 AM, Slarzahl said:

The enchanted anvils, just like with the other artifacts.

That makes sense. Thanks for the information. I was looking around for an orange essence pool to charge them, like in Mutagen. Well, a different installment in the series has slightly different mechanics to play by.

58 minutes ago, Genernumlover said:

That makes sense. Thanks for the information. I was looking around for an orange essence pool to charge them, like in Mutagen. Well, a different installment in the series has slightly different mechanics to play by.

The researchers on Sucia Island were big fans of the "indeterminate vat of glowing, swirling sludge" school of magic, as was the fashion at the time.

Modern artifacts require modern solutions.