GF2-I: The Zora fan-thread / 'Zora the Scout as NPC in GF3' thread

I have found that I am very fond of Zora the Scout, which is a very useful (but not very brave) scout with a battle roar. Her dialogue and picture are all good too. I like her very much and I wish she had more dialogue which can be arranged for future games. 

I really want to see what Zora does after GF2 and I think her being sent to the Ashen Islands for being involved in Drypeaks is a reasonable outcome. 

Furthermore, Zora is awesome to have in your party early game.

Here are some wise words about Zora the Scout: 

On 3/27/2024 at 1:24 PM, Randomizer said:

It really pays to have some Leadership to recruit creations or NPCs to join you Some are better than your character at this point in the game and will make it much easier. An example is Zora in Drypeak Mines for her buffing ability, Battle Roar. 

2 hours ago, Slarti said:

Nora is exceptional period -- unless you're eschewing other party members entirely, any party wants her around for 100% of the Drypeak area.  

If you dismiss her before you enter the tunnel, she will be back in the Mines and can be recruited again.

However, she seems hardcoded to leave when entering any (?) post-tunnel zone.  I guess someone else had the same bright idea I did and Jeff closed that loophole.

10 hours ago, Slarti said:

I guess someone else had the same bright idea I did and Jeff closed that loophole.

What was that idea? 

Also, hardcoded exit? :/

At least, she could be in the town so you could talk to her. Say "hi", chat a bit, invite her back to your apartments for some wine when Shanti is not there... ;) 

Posted (edited)

I made a small mod that increases the benefit for the early-areas NPC companions. Here is the link.

EDIT: For Xander, there's a different Mod I made, you can read about it here

What this mod does: The Abandoned Thahd and Zora slightly increase in level, but at a slower pace than you. Furthermore, the Thahd's level is boosted by your character's Shape Thahd skill. 

Abandoned Thahd

Once you return to Drypeak with the Abandoned Thahd, the level of the thahd increases to 4 if you are level 4-5, to 5 if you are level 6-7, to 6 if you are level 8 and to 7 if you're level 9 or above. 

It is also boosted by +1 for each Shape Thahd level you have. 

Scout Zora, to which this thread is dedicated

Since Zora is already very good, the boosts she gets to her level are less than the Thahd; she only gets the "basic" level increase. I.e. 

Once you return to Drypeak with Zora, her level increase to 5 if you are level 6-7, to 6 if you are level 8 and to 7 if you're level 9 or above. 

You can also speak to smith to buy better equipment for Zora, which gives her better armor (slightly increases armor and stun resistance) and a boost to her physical attacks (which is simulated by giving her a +2 to strength and agility so she can deal +10% more damage). 

Instructions: 

From Steam library, click on geneforge on the list to open the menu, go to "Browse local files", navigate to the "scripts" folder and overwrite the two scripts there with the scripts in the zip file. 

Edited by alhoon

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2024 at 2:22 AM, alhoon said:

Once I find it, I will probably do one. I certainly plan to make one for Blade something and that Servile Mage, if they are still available. 

If used in conjunction with my Cheat Engine Cheat Table from my latest post, I found and added values to change whatever creation/joinable you have in slot 1 under PC. 

level, attributes, exp, existing and maximum health modifiers. No pressure if it takes away from game experience. ADVISED: Its rather CHEAT heavy for anything you would want or need for PC and creation in game. ill get link on this post, to my post.

https://spiderwebforums.ipbhost.com/topic/30334-cheat-tables-for-use-on-geneforge-2-infestation/#comment-328620

Edited by MJgreg86
added hyperlink

On 4/15/2024 at 6:57 PM, alhoon said:

Level of a creation (not of an NPC but something you made) will reset instantly to what it should be, though. Keep that in mind. Attributes, maximum health etc remain. 

not entirely. code lines i found using cheat engine permanently change the creation level throughout the duration of the game play. never resetting to what it should be or to a default. the level change and stats along with that level change remain and can be adjusted accordingly. as exp and abilities. if ones creation has abilities that arent ideal and can be changed as well. even from a save where cheat engine was used, restart without cheat engine and remains for entire duration of game play still.. 

also works the same for any recruitable character interacted with that will join. 

Edited by MJgreg86

3 hours ago, MJgreg86 said:

not entirely. code lines i found using cheat engine permanently change the creation level throughout the duration of the game play. never resetting to what it should be or to a default. the level change and stats along with that level change remain and can be adjusted accordingly. as exp and abilities. if ones creation has abilities that arent ideal and can be changed as well. even from a save where cheat engine was used, restart without cheat engine and remains for entire duration of game play still.. 

also works the same for any recruitable character interacted with that will join. 

I was not aware for that, I don't use the cheat engine. :)

I was referring to simple scripting. If you add or replace an ability to a Creation with scrips, that stays for the game. If you change stats with a script, that stays for the game. If you change the level with scripts... it doesn't. In previous games it would change too. But I assumed since creations now level up only with your stats, which could go up at any time, even if you don a piece of armor, that the game was checking all the time. 

13 hours ago, alhoon said:

I was not aware for that, I don't use the cheat engine. :)

I was referring to simple scripting. If you add or replace an ability to a Creation with scrips, that stays for the game. If you change stats with a script, that stays for the game. If you change the level with scripts... it doesn't. In previous games it would change too. But I assumed since creations now level up only with your stats, which could go up at any time, even if you don a piece of armor, that the game was checking all the time. 

Ehh cheat engine is not for everyone. it really can be addicting finding new lines of code to modify the game, however it truly takes away from the game experience with to many mods to stats, levels, spells, abilities, etc. i fully understand your work with scripts and kinda wish i had the patience to learn how script strings or variables change in game play with creations, PC, joinable characters. look forward to some more of your script mods in the future. really liked this topic with Zora. she seems to be a really strong base addition to the team.! 😉👍

33 minutes ago, MJgreg86 said:

look forward to some more of your script mods in the future.

Well, I have one with Xander to get him to level 15 and fix his double-searer issue + a small quest to make him a little more powerful with spells.

I plan to make one more where you convince Tuldaric to Zap one of your Drayks so that it can learn more magic, and then have the mages in the complex offer paths for the Drayk.