You don't.

in A2 you go to erika's tower use the flying orb to cross the river, go to the lava tunnel, go to the end of the lava tunnel then go to the portal and click on the portal cordinates "eas ter egg" and your there.

for A3 at rentar's fortress you go to the room with two runes and put a pair of pants on the west rune then step on the other one and your there.

I'm not to sure about A1 though. If anyone knows the A1 easter egg please tell me.

(POST 50 YAY!!! smilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmile )

In Avernum 2, there is a secret passage outdoors near Erika's tower. You'll have to fight some efreeti, but at the very end, the words Easter Egg appear in the message log. After you do this, return to the Tower of Magi and go to the portal room. The button on the bottom with no label beside it will take you to a special Easter Egg area.

Edit: Bomber beat me to it. Curse you, Bomber!

The Nethergate easter egg was only revealed by Jeff very recently. Apparently, you have to go to two locations on opposite corners of the map without quitting the game in between, and afterwards the quotes at the start of each chapter are replaced with silly ones. Nobody's found it yet, as far as I know.

Typing &, *, ( or ) (Shift-7, 8, 9 or 0) also produces hidden messages in many Spiderweb games, including Nethergate.

Quote:
Originally written by Bomber:
Quote:
OMG ATEMT AT SURREAL HUMOR !!!1!!11 1lol lol lol rolf lol
Translation for those that don't understand (like me) please.
Quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba (direct answer):
It's 1337 2p34k. Or n00bish. Or some similar language that no self-respecting Spiderwebber should ever use.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! There are thirteen graemlins used in two one-line posts right next to each other! Dikiyoba's eyes! They burn!
I could have sworn (and can in fact prove) that Dikiyoba decreed that I did not have a right to call myself a "self-respecting Spiderwebber". I do, however, understand calling my post "1337 2p34k" and "n00bish", because that was the intent.

Yes, my response was directed at Dead Weight on the Forums' first post in this topic. Yes, I realized that Dead Weight on the Forums' post was a joke. Yes, my response to it was a joke. No, I did not decree that Dead Weight on the Forums is not a self-respecting Spiderwebber.

[sARCASM]Don't make Dikiyoba pull these sarcasm brackets out again. Dikiyoba can and will, though, if it becomes neccessary.[/sARCASM]

The Madhouse Monastary in A3 was also an Easter Egg, especially some of the hidden messages that were...erm... hidden there. It's on one of the south-eastern islands, and you need to have bought the key from Firefox(?).

This is all based on memory, since I haven't been anywhere near any of the games for a long time.

Ah, yes. I remember that one quite well.

"Friends don't let friends watch kung fu movies"

If you go all the way through the monastery and enter the testing chamber, there is a secret passage on the left-hand wall, I believe.

I don't remember if you have to beat the test first.

--------------------

The Silent Assassin is upset because no one is giving him credit for his work in dreanged subterfuge.

I thought that getting no credit was the idea.

I could be wrong.

Quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:
Yes, my response was directed at Dead Weight on the Forums' first post in this topic. Yes, I realized that Dead Weight on the Forums' post was a joke. Yes, my response to it was a joke. No, I did not decree that Dead Weight on the Forums is not a self-respecting Spiderwebber.

[sARCASM]Don't make Dikiyoba pull these sarcasm brackets out again. Dikiyoba can and will, though, if it becomes neccessary.[/sARCASM]
Hmm. The humor was not evident to me. Oh well.

Quote:
Originally written by Lazarus.:
Well theres the stuff about Burma Shave in exile/Avernum. It isn't a very well hid easter egg, since its written on signs. But I seem to remember it popping up somewhere else as well.
Burma Shave in Avernum is blatant and unfunny. It is on the signs by the road leading up to Blackcrag Fortress, or near the path that leads... It's near Blackcrag.

In Exile (E3 at least, I don't know about the others), you had to press [shift] and either [6],[7],[8] or [9]. I think that's right, and unfortunately, I can't check. It definately wasn't on a sign though...

I think.

Some quick research,

Exile 3, Hitting the keys Nikki said results in "If Valorim you want to save, back up your save files, Burma Shave". The signs near Blackcrag ARE in Exile 3, but they read "Before they send us to a grave, alien beasts use Burma Shave."

In A3, hitting that key combo does nothing, but the signs near Blackcrag read the same message as in E3.

Hopefully thats all, at least for Exile/Avernum 3. I have no clue about 1 or 2.