A3 is there still a time limit?

I have to wait until day 110? If i do the alien beast stuff and win will that time based event still take place?

I am only on day 80. I suppose i can ditch the horses and walk everywhere, but if the alien beast don't kill off towns like the rest now is the chance to go explore everything and do all the dungeons i skipped. Not to mention all the quest i have ignored and the arifacts i can now go and pick up.

Quote:
Originally written by jestrada5:
I have to wait until day 110? If i do the alien beast stuff and win will that time based event still take place?
Day 160, actually.

And the game ends after you win (you can't keep playing), so any quests you want to do, you have to do before you win. Of course, you could always keep a backup savefile outside the final dungeon and go back to it after you've won to see anything you've missed.

I'd say you should head back to Krizsan, buy a lot of food, and rest for a very long time. If you've got any metal lumps left or haven't taken advantage of the Bunker, now is the time to do it. You've got nothing but time while you wait until day 160.

—Alorael, who has also actually never experienced the final event without deliberately seeking it out.

If you are about to finish the alien beasts and still want to complete the event that occurs on day 160 (which shall remain unnamed) you could always just use the editor to fast forward to day 160. Its significantly less annoying than sitting around resting, and is what I did. (I knew about the event from E3, and had finished Avernum 3 far before it had a chance to occur on its own.)

I descovered if your fast enough you can reach the normally slime destroyed town before it becomes destroyed .... nobody is there though .... I don't think it would be possible to check if the Alien beast towns are the same (as you need permission to enter the province and all).

Quote:
Originally written by Mortimer:
I don't think it would be possible to check if the Alien beast towns are the same (as you need permission to enter the province and all).
It should be possible. Just get permission by playing through the game normally, then reset the day via character editor.

Quote:
Originally written by mistica:
Well after so many replies to your post, i think this might come as a shock when I say there is no real time limits... because its just a game. LOL
*Facepalm*

As for the Ruins of Colchis, it's been stated before that it isn't destoryed if you get to it on Day 1. But has anybody tested whether or not it stays that way if you kill the slimes on Day 1?