Spiderweb Scattergories, round 2

Dikiyoba

Rules: At the beginning of the round, a random letter will be selected. You can then create and submit your answer card. For each category, you may put down up to two answers where the first letter of the first word begins with the chosen letter. You may not use the same answer (or a slight variation on an answer) for multiple categories. You may not use superflous adjectives in your answer. Articles (a, an, the) do not count as part of the answer.

At the end of the round, I will look at the answer cards. If two or more people provide the same answer to a category, that answer will be thrown out. If someone provides an answer that doesn't fit the category or breaks one of the rules, I will throw it out. Most answers will be worth one point. Answers that use the round's letter as the first letter in multiple words will recieve two points. Some categories have bonus points available. Whoever gets the most points wins. When I announce the winner, I will post the answer cards with the scoring breakdown.

To submit your answer card, copy the following list of categories, write in your answers, and send me the whole thing in a PM titled "Answer card, round 2." I will only accept one answer card from each participant, so fill it out completely and make sure you are happy with your answers before you turn it in. Answer cards will be accepted from now until this time on Friday the 13th. I will calculate and posts the scores as soon as I can.

Letter for this round: R

01. Character from any Exile or Avernum game:

02. Song title:

03. Weapon or equipment from any Spiderweb game:

04. Monster type from any Spiderweb game (your answer can not be "rogue [Geneforge creation type]"):

05. Food:

06. Something you want to see more of on these forums:

07. Somewhere you might find an earring:

08. Video game title:

09. Board or card game title:

10. Country:

11. Four-letter word (in English):

12. Character from any Geneforge game:

(Dikiyoba knows some people wanted the category list in a separate post to make it easy to quote, but since it has to be copied into a PM anyway...)

Only if it is played with cards or on a board. So Deadlands works! D&D is an edge case; it's not clear to me if drawing out a map grid for tactical combat is technically a board. It might actually require cardboard with pre-drawn stuff.

—Alorael, who is obviously not running this and being somewhat facetious.

I'm sorry, but I've reread the OP twice and I still don't understand how this game works. :/

For each question, you PM Dikiyoba with up to two answers, which both have to begin with R. For example, if there were characters in an Exile or Avernum game named Richard or Rufus, your answers for that question could be "Richard" and "Rufus". You get points if you come up with a correct answer that nobody else thought of.

I suppose I should officially close submissions, shouldn't I? :\ Submissions are now closed.

I have preliminary scores done, but I need help confirming a few SW-related answers. If you can confirm the existence of any of the following entities (and are not the original respondent), please post to let me know.

01. Character from any Exile or Avernum game: Remy

03. Weapon or equipment from any Spiderweb game: Rusty shield

04. Monster type from any Spiderweb game: Rat people (I have no idea), Red clawbug (I know there is a redshell clawbug)

12. Character from any Geneforge game: Rema

In addition, Dikiyoba just sent a PM to Ouroboros and Iffy. Please send Dikiyoba a response as soon as you can. Thanks.

Final results are finished, at long last. (I'm sure I made at least one mistake, but the winner is ahead by a large enough margin for any mistakes on my part not to matter.)

Stranger: 2

Cairo Jim: 4

Sylae: 5

Nightwatcher: 8

Ouroboros: 8

Nikki: 9

Edgwyn: 14 points

Iffy: 14 points

Randomizer: 15 points

Lilith: 24 points

WINNER: SLARTY: 35 points

Combined answers:

01. Character from any Exile or Avernum game

Valid: General Redmark (RANDOMIZER), Royce (RANDOMIZER), Rita Cskany (LILITH), Ripple (IFFY), Regan (IFFY), Ramirez (OUROBOROS), Mayor Runkle (CAIRO JIM), Rorik (SLARTY), Ray (SLARTY), Remy (NIGHTWATCHER)

Discarded: Rone (Lilith & Nikki), Rentar-Ihrno (Sylae & Nikki)

Bonus: Rose, Rita Cskany (LILITH)

02. Song title

Valid: Rosanna (RANDOMIZER), Rio (RANDOMIZER), Red Right Hand (LILITH x2), Roy Rogers (LILITH x2), Rusty Knives (SYLAE), Remnants (IFFY), Rumors of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated (IFFY), Radio Ga Ga (OUROBOROS), Row Row Row your Boat (EDGWYN x2), Rock and Roll Part 2 (EDGWYN x2), Raining Men (NIGHTWATCHER), Robots (NIKKI), Reckoner (NIKKI), Running Free (CAIRO JIM), Rebel Rebel (SLARTY x2), Red Rain (SLARTY x2)

03. Weapon or equipment from any Spiderweb game

Valid: Reaper baton (RANDOMIZER), Runed helm (LILITH), Rock (SYLAE), Radiant Robe (OUROBOROS x2), Ratskin shawl (NIKKI), Ruby Ring (SLARTY x2), Rusty Shield (EDGWYN)

Discarded: Razordisk (Randomizer & Nikki), Resistance ring (Lilith & Slarty), Rapier (Edgwyn & Nigtwatcher), Red Spore Baton (Iffy), Restoration Pod (Iffy), Xian Rock (Stranger), Sylak's Wisdom Rock (Stranger)

Bonus: Roamertooth band, Robe of the Archdruid, Rogue's leather

04. Monster type from any Spiderweb game (your answer can not be "rogue [Geneforge creation type]"):

Valid: Roamer (LILITH), Roach (SYLAE), Rotdhizon (IFFY), Rotghroth (NIGHTWATCHER), Ruby Skeleton (SLARTY), Redshell Chitrach (SLARTY)

Discarded: Rabid rat (Lilith & Edgwyn), rat (Iffy & Edgwyn & Nikki), Rakshasa (Nikki & Cairo Jim), Radiant Shade (Ouroboros; used radiant already), rat people (Randomizer), red clawbug (Randomizer)

Bonus: Rotdhizon (IFFY), Ruby skeleton (SLARTY)

05. Food

Valid: Rice (RANDOMIZER), Rotini (RANDOMIZER), Rum and raisin cake (LILITH x2), Risotto (LILITH), Ranch dressing (IFFY), Red peppers (IFFY), Roulade (OUROBOROS), Ratatouille (EDGWYN), Raisin (NIGHTWATCHER), Rice-a-Roni (SLARTY x2), Rocky Road Ice Cream (SLARTY x2)

Discarded: Ravioli (Sylae & Nikki & Cairo Jim), Ramen (Edgwyn & Nikki)

Bonus: Rhubarb, Rice and Raisins (LILITH), Rakfisk

06. Something you want to see more of on these forums

Valid: Respect (RANDOMIZER), Repartee (LILITH), Riddles (LILITH), Roleplays (SYLAE), Rainbows (IFFY), Rest (EDGWYN), Relaxation (EDGWYN), Red (NIGHTWATCHER), Rhapsody in Blue (NIKKI), RETRIBUTION!!!!! (NIKKI), Romance (SLARTY), Relationships (SLARTY)

Discarded: Random bouts of insanity (Randomizer), Rocks (Iffy), Roses (Ouroboros)

07. Somewhere you might find an earring

Valid: Residence (LILITH), Rome (LILITH), Rectum (SYLAE), Russia (IFFY), Rack (IFFY), Ross (EDGWYN), Rug (EDGWYN), Royalty (NIGHTWATCHER), Realm of Reptrakos (SLARTY x2), Randall's Random Item Shop (SLARTY x2)

Discarded: Rear window (Ouroboros)

08. Video game title

Valid: River City Ransom (LILITH x2), Ridge Racer (LILITH x2), Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal (IFFY), Revenant (OUROBOROS), Rogue (EDGWYN), Return to Castle Wolfenstein (EDGWYN), Rainbow Six 3 (NIGHTWATCHER), Rayman (NIKKI), Rollercoaster Tycoon (NIKKI), Rock n' Roll Racing (SLARTY x2), Rex Ronan: Experimental Surgeon (SLARTY x2)

Discarded: Rift (Sylae and Iffy)

09. Board or card game title

Valid: Rail Baron (RANDOMIZER), Rails through the Rockies (RANDOMIZER x2), Rummy (LILITH) Reversi (LILITH), Rook (EDGWYN), Rivers, Roads & Rails (SLARTY x2), Ricochet Robots (SLARTY x2)

Discarded: Risk (Sylae & Iffy & Ouroboros & Edgwyn & Cairo Jim)

Bonus: Risk, Rummy (LILITH)

10. Country

Valid: Rhodesia (RANDOMIZER), Rolisica (SLARTY), Ramat (SLARTY), Republic of the Rio Grande (STRANGER x2)

Discarded: Russia (Randomizer & Lilith), Romania (Lilith & Iffy & Ouroboros & Edgwyn & Nightwatcher & Nikki), Rwanda (Sylae & Edgywn & Nikki & Cairo Jim), White Ruthenian Democratic Republic (Stranger)

11. Four-letter word (in English)

Valid: Race (RANDOMIZER, Rope (RANDOMIZER), Romp (LILITH), Rant (IFFY), Roam (IFFY), Rear (OUROBOROS), Roar (EDGWYN), Rant (NIGHTWATCHER), Rage (NIKKI), Rain (CAIRO JIM), Rump (SLARTY) Rasp (SLARTY)

Discarded: Ruse (Lilith & Nikki), Rest (Sylae & Edgwyn)

Bonus: Rhea, Rage (NIKKI), Rain (CAIRO JIM)

12. Character from any Geneforge game

Valid: Shaper Rutenberg (RANDOMIZER), Rosen (SLARTY), Rajskub (SLARTY), Rema (OUROBOROS)

Discarded: Reiner (Randomizer & Nightwatcher), Shaper Rawal (Lilith & Iffy), Rydell (Lilith & Iffy)

Bonus: Rydell, Rhakkus

I hope everyone had fun. I enjoyed seeing all of your answers. Hopefully the bonus points and the few judgment calls I had to make aren't too obnoxious. (I chose the bonus point answers before the round began, so I couldn't be biased the way I might be if I were choosing a best or most creative answer, but maybe no bonuses or a bonus point for best answer would be more balanced and/or fun.)

Dikiyoba will leave the next round up to someone else.

Yay! And wow, lots of cool answers out there! I was particularly proud of Rice-a-Roni. I wasn't sure if it would qualify for 2 points, but not every Scattergories answer is the San Francisco Treat.

Since Diki has gotten me to break my self-imposed ban on posting in General, I'll volunteer to run a round of this. It looks like the rules worked out really well. I'm going to think about tweaking the bonus points and will have a new topic up shortly.