Blades of Exile - 10.0 (10.0/9.25)

The Lurker

And what an excellent place to put this!

I give it 10 out of 10, and as I've said, it will always be a favorite.

I still have my good memories of it, and they wil remain in my heart for as long as I'm alive!

long live Blades of Exile!

Sure, Jeff won't fix some bugs and all, but other than that, this game is simply the best. It's a great package that has something for everyone. If you liked any of the Exile games, don't even consider not buying it. There isn't a better way you can spend $30.

Then check CSR and all to see what scenarios you want to play. Don't miss it.

Easy to use, months worth of great scenarios to play. A true success story for an engine. Sure, there might be some quibbles with it, but overall one of the best programs ever written. Too bad Blades of Avernum is not nearly as easy to use as this one.

Quote:
Originally written by The Lurker:
I'm sure I'll give it a good rating too, once I play some non-pre-packaged (having BoA kind of spoils the fun) scenarios with it. I'm pretty sure that the designers would give it a lower score than just the players, though. We'll see.
EDIT : So far I seem to be wrong. Looks like BoE is on its way to earn the 'Best Spiderweb Game Ever' award.

EDIT 2 : I wanted to edit my post and I quoted it instead. Gah. smile

I'm confused. Is this including the third-party scenarios (in which case it's obviously a 10), or including only the work that Jeff did on it, including the system that he created for designing other scenarios but not those other scenarios themselves? In the latter case, I'd give it an 8: solidly ahead of A4, but definitely behind Nethergate, and probably behind most of the AT.

Quote:
Originally written by BainIhrno:
No, it doesn't. Yours is the seventh, at which point highest and lowest are dropped. Needless to say, yours is the lowest.
Whoops, I didn't know that. Should I just drop the lowest rating? 'Cause if I drop the highest, we have a serious problem. :p

EDIT : BainIhrno, the lowest score was the eight score, by the way (Kel said he'd give it a ten if we were rating BoE as a whole). And unless you change your mind about the way the rating works, this means that BoE's average score is still 10.0. Say yay everyone. cool

Quote:
Originally written by The Lurker:
Whoops, I didn't know that. Should I just drop the lowest rating? 'Cause if I drop the highest, we have a serious problem. :p
You don't drop every instance of the highest rating, just one. So if there are six 10s and a 9.25, you cut the highest (one 10) and lowest (the 9.25) so that there are just five 10s.