dead Post

JamesMighty

Originally Posted By: Actaeon
I'm actually surprised it hasn't been done recently.

Exactly why I'm making it.

Originally Posted By: Dantius
Every time this poll is run, the result is usually a statistical tie between Avernum/Exile 2 and Geneforge 1, with X3 in a close second. I highly doubt it will be any different this time.

That why i decided NOT to put any of the Exile's in the poll. We'll see if its any different. Why dont you vote?

I refuse to vote due to the absence of the actual greatest Spiderweb game, Exile II.

The selection of games is very confusing. It isn't strictly chronological, since it includes BoA but not A4 or G3.

If you wanted to instead call the poll "Best Spiderweb Game in the Last 6 Years," and remove BoA to make that true, I bet you'd get a more positive reaction to it. There are many people here who hold the older games dear. I'd vote in a factually named poll, anyway.

All I'll say is that it's considered in poor taste to delete the first post of a topic, even if it didn't go how you wanted or should be replaced with a new thread. The thread exists, and people are posting in it. Anyone coming late should have all the material to read and understand it.

—Alorael, who would be happier to see an added edit saying that the thread is stupid and it shouldn't be read. Let people be stupid and read it anyway.

Originally Posted By: Homage
Would you make a "best pie" poll and not include pumpkin? No, that would be silly, because then nobody could vote for the best pie.

Well nobody would ever be able to pick between lemon meringue or apple and blackberry anyway, so a "best pie" poll would be flawed before you even began.

(and what about non-dessert pies?!)

Originally Posted By: Triumph
Originally Posted By: Dintiradan
I'd be more interested in the show if every episode featured John de Lancie.

YES.

I haven't been paying much attention to the s03 news/speculation, but I'm fairly certain Discord (or at least John) will be making a comeback.

Originally Posted By: Dantius
Am I to be left as this forums sole defender of blueberry pie? Clearly, a properly done blueberry pie served with vanilla ice cream is the obvious winner in any sort of pie competition.

I'm not much of a pie person, but blueberry cobbler (which is basically just blueberry filling with sweet batter baked over the top) is one of the best baked fruit desserts out there. Blackberry cobbler comes in right behind it.

Dikiyoba just doesn't really like pie crust.

Richard White designed three games that were, for years, sold through Spiderweb: Ocean Bound, Lost Souls, and Galactic Core. His games were seen as mediocre to bad, and then became memetically atrocious, and then the Richard White Games forum got filled with odd cults and nonsense.

—Alorael, who can also address the more existential question. Richard White is everyone, although not everyone is Richard White. Do not adjust your implants until they will have been adjusted yesterday in a week and a half.

Originally Posted By: Actaeon
And perhaps we can make a new poll with all of the Spiderweb games (and Richard White if we're feeling generous) at some pint in the near future.

I'm pretty sure the Spiderweb games deserve the poll and the Richard White games deserve the pint.

Richard White was also a leading character in the BoA scenario Exodus. (Kind of.)

Originally Posted By: Alorael

Richard White designed three games that were, for years, sold through Spiderweb: Ocean Bound, Lost Souls, and Galactic Core.

Are Richard White's games still available for download somewhere ?
---
And I would love to know all about Richard White; his connection to Jeff, why Jeff allowed a rival indie developer on his site, and what became of him after SW stopped hosting his games.

Very little is known about Richard White. For a long time, Jeff offered to publish others' games, which basically amounted to hosting them and handling sales. Richard White and Pieter "Radiant" Simoons (of SubTerra fame) took him up on it, but I don't think Jeff and the other developers were ever friends or even really acquaintances. Richard White never actually interacted with any fan base, as far as we can tell. The most Jeff could tell us when asked was that he still mailed Richard the checks when someone bought a game and someone was cashing those checks.

—Alorael, who actually would recommend playing Lost Souls. It was a neat idea that would have been vastly improved by a level editor. It's basically a simple board game, and it would have been a hit as a casual flash game.

Ahem. We are gathered here today, to mourn the loss of all the sanity of spiderweb software members. We leave here, with the sanity in our hearts, just not in our minds, where it should be. But, perhaps if we look past the cunning illusions of life, we will see it, in the great beyond of Gods realm. Amen