The busdriver/Favorite dance?

Trenton.

I just remembered this hilarious dance off of Scrubs.

Steps:

1. Start bobbing up and down.

2. Pretend to steer.

3. Pretend to pull the lever to let the people in.

4.(optionaall) wave the people on.

5. Close the door again. Here is an example from the show itself

bus-driver-dance-o.gif

I can seriously do this all day. This is definetly my favorite dance. What is your favorite?

Originally Posted By: Homage
My favorite dance move is the Scott Pilgrim. To do it, you first say "I have to pee." Then you escape to the bathroom and avoid awkward situations like dancing.

I'm pretty good at it.

Same as me, except by leaving a flashbang before saying "I have to pee"
---------------
Scott flashbang, Nightwatcher

Originally Posted By: Rehctawthgin
Originally Posted By: Y? Bcaus, IDK he's on 3rd & IDC
Thank you, although it is kind of odd for the OP to post that...

OP? you don't say...
------------
Operator, Nightwatcher
------------
Seriously, who and what so you mean by OP?

Original Poster. Trenton, in this case.

Actually dancing is a lot of fun, if you take lessons. A few people are naturally good at it but most everyone else is a total duffer, too. Focusing on learning the technical skill makes it less of a social situation, if that's stressful, and most classes somewhat prefer that people come without attached partners, because you learn better by changing partners a lot.

Also, there's less to learn than you might think, because all dances are really the same. The same basic moves come up in all of them, just with slightly different rhythms. So it doesn't take all that long to learn to dance decently well, and then it's a socially handy skill, because at a certain level you can even dance with people who don't know how, and make them look good. Everybody likes that.

So, to answer the question, I guess my favorite dance move is this thing whose name I forget but you kind of spin around tapping each other on the back until you think of what to do next. You can do it in lots of different dances, it's easy but looks cool, and it gives you time to try to remember any of the other moves you used to know. It's been a while.

Well, no, it isn't. Also, you kind of have to get to the milestone before you celebrate it (a statement I am sure to regret it, oh, five days or so). It's like me throwing a 30th birthday party tomorrow. I'm not 30 (and hopefully, I'll never face that dark, dark day), so why would I celebrate it?

This is completely unrelated, but I liked it better when everyone's PDNs were in the US-ASCII.

Eh. It's nice to have the option of having funky characters, I guess. I just hope we all come to our senses and stop abusing them before the board is trapped inside a MySpace flashback.

But did you grow up with them, or discover them after their glory days faded into history?

Originally Posted By: (\(\(\(\ ; ; /)/)/)/)
Originally Posted By: Micawber
Kids these days tongue

Agreed, they scoff at the classics like Centipede and Asteroids and run off to Call of Duty and whatnot. In my days, 16-bit was considered fancy! *shakes cane*

Yeah, these young whippersnappers have no appreciation for the older games. Back in my day, we had to push something called a cartridge into a slot to play games, and we had to use our imagination so that the blobs on the screen appeared awesome.

By the way, whatever happened to Pong? tongue

*dusts off a Legend of Zelda game. The original one. With the gold-tinted cartridge.*

I used to have an XBOX, and ATARI game with it. Least that was what the title was. All the menu's were solar systems. Each planet went around a sun. And each solar system was a certain game. Each planet was a different form of the game, sandbox, speed x2, or 4. It was VERY blocky. And I don't mean the bad graphic blocky of today, I mean the REAL blocky. The people in the game's head were square, with no facial features, there bodies were only blocky lines. The arms didn't even look like arms because the square's were diagonal. It had games like a exploring a castle, jumping from a helicopter and trying to land on a green line, or being a 3 square tank, shooting little squares at other square tanks. Oh, there was also pong. The games on it were older than yours, AND I played it for 6 years >.> Tell me about olden games will ya?

Originally Posted By: !TrEnToN, CaPtAiN oF RoYaL GuArD
I used to have an XBOX, and ATARI game with it. Least that was what the title was. All the menu's were solar systems. Each planet went around a sun. And each solar system was a certain game. Each planet was a different form of the game, sandbox, speed x2, or 4. It was VERY blocky. And I don't mean the bad graphic blocky of today, I mean the REAL blocky. The people in the game's head were square, with no facial features, there bodies were only blocky lines. The arms didn't even look like arms because the square's were diagonal. It had games like a exploring a castle, jumping from a helicopter and trying to land on a green line, or being a 3 square tank, shooting little squares at other square tanks. Oh, there was also pong. The games on it were older than yours, AND I played it for 6 years >.> Tell me about olden games will ya?
Well, young one, I used to own an Atari 2600, and a handful of games for it. The only ones I remember are "Combat" and "Adventure"; if you want to see some truly blocky graphics, play Adventure (your character is nothing more than a square on the screen). I also used to own (and write simple code on) an Apple][e.

And back in the day, my aunt and uncle used to let me play games on their Commodore 64; they probably still have it in their basement. I was especially fond of a game called "BC's Quest for Tires." I thought it was the neatest thing ever, until I saw Windows 3.1 for the first time.

Originally Posted By: The Mystic
... And back in the day, my aunt and uncle used to let me play games on their Commodore 64; they probably still have it in their basement. I was especially fond of a game called "BC's Quest for Tires." I thought it was the neatest thing ever, until I saw Windows 3.1 for the first time.

There was this thing called a Mac. It first appeared almost a decade before Windows 3.1. It was pretty neat, too.

@Soul of Wit & Tyranicus: The reason I didn't include the Mac is I've never used one. And yes, I had (vaguely) heard of them at that point.

If you really want to go old-school computing, my father used to be a COBOL programmer before he retired. The first computer he used was the size of several filing cabinets and had approximately 19.6K of memory. He also remembers the days of inputting programs via a series of punched cards (I think we still have a handful of them somewhere in the basement).

Originally Posted By: Excalibur
I never understood why you couldn't implement engineering controls in SimCity. I mean, they had better not be like the people at Chernobyl.

man have you ever played The Sims? it is all those dudes can do to put their own pants on in the morning

Originally Posted By: Y? Bcaus, IDK he's on 3rd & IDC
REhashing an old subject: Am I the only one here who had his nuclear plant meltdown a month after I built it in simcity?
I had a nuclear plant meltdown the day I built it. Of course, that's in the original Sim City; I've never played any of the others.

Originally Posted By: The Mystic
a series of punched cards
It's probably best that this specific gem is before my time, because all I would be thinking is make it rain.
Consider this a good thing, because the way I understand it, those cards were a pain.

And here's another little jewel from the early days: At one time, programs generated only one error message: "ERROR." Be thankful those days are long gone.