Project Geneforge : The Fangame[G5]

BMA

The Geneforge Experiment : A Fangame of the Geneforge Series

gexp1.1.png

The development members, as of now, include Retsnom the Monster, MMXPERT and me. Anyone who wishes to join is welcome. Since we've already added the fyora graphics, we were thinking of putting him as the main character. The storyline hasn't been made yet (If you have any ideas, we would like to hear them).

We won't be making only the final release public; the latest version of the project , at each stage of development, will always be available here for download (with screenshots). This way, everyone can review what we've done so far and suggest improvements.

And though we are developing on a windows platform, the final release will be ported to the HTML 5 format.

Download GExp 1.1

Version 1.1:-

• Smoothened out the fyora animation.
  • Added ability to move in all(4) directions.

Version 1.0:-

• Added the fyora graphics.
  • Added left & right directions.

Hey, there's something weird I've noticed. I'm don't think it's intentional, so I'll be the first to mention it.

If you hold any one of the arrow keys, then hold down another arrow key, then let go of the first arrow key, you can move in the direction of the second arrow key while still facing the direction of the first arrow key until you press a different arrow key. This even works if you let go of the second arrow key, then press it again; this may mean that it was intentional, but I still doubt it. Have any of you noticed this?

We were thinking about that. All of the games so far have revolved around a shaper/rebel as the main character. So maybe it would be nice to play as a creation for a change?

The idea was to have it play as a platform-game (like Super Mario - jumping from platform to platform), but the graphics have been made with a top-down view in mind. cry

It might be possible to modify zones, but you would need to do several coded files and make sure the information changed fits with the other zone connections plus the zone script and any NPC scripts for that zone.

Also because most zones have quests, the quests will no longer be possible unless your new zone replaces the original quest or at least sets the quest flags.

Originally Posted By: AscendedForger
Out of curiosity, what game engine are you using to make this game?

We're using a new, custom game engine but with the same graphics. So even though the game looks the same (almost),the gameplay will be a different experience.

• 2 weeks later...