Dagger Build Challenge

I was thinking about making a challenging character for geneforge 3. Ive played the 2nd game as an agent and the 1st game as a guardian, so I know the game engine. Ive read up that g3 has gem enhancements added with the game. Im thinking of making this character an agent that uses melee, but only wields daggers as her challenge. No swords just daggers. I will obviously have need of upgrading some of the better ones. Could someone that has played g3 a bit fill me in on the enhancements and their benefits. I would like this game to be something different instead of just the regular characters that everyone makes. Oh yeah, and will using a bit of shaping be useful for this build.

Wait, Im not thinking clearly. If i am going to try that build, i should be making a guardian since i will be using a bit of shaping. Ill start with a creature from the beginning and work my way up through leveling, put melee up a bit but rely on quick action/parry morso due to daggers. I might take your advice on the drain life for weapon, but slow sounds nasty too. Got to love the possibilities.

Originally Posted By: AethirWeb
So then I guess it's like this,
Sword = Long, Sharp Pointy shard of Metal on a stick
Dirk = Really really short sword
Dagger = Butterknife made for combat

A dirk, from what I understand is pretty much something in between a gladius and a stiletto. A dagger is bigger than a bowie knife, at least two hands long in order to have any real effect in combat.
Originally Posted By: AethirWeb
How about this challenge, the Attack of the Stick build. I want to see who could beat GeneForge 3 wielding only a stick aided by a limit of three creations on torment. >=)

A4 does the stick tank very well. With 30 total spread around melee, strength and blademaster (really easy to come by what with bless, item bonuses, ec.), you will consistently deal more damage than you would with the puresteel soulblade or whatever it's called. You can deal almost as much damage with a stick as with a halberd though with a good shield, your defence will be much better.

A little off the topic of this thread, but regarding creations. It states that dexterity helps the monsters hit and evade, strenght affects damage and to hit/stun, intelligence is obvious as is enduranc. What does dex really do regarding creations? Does it help you hit like in avernum series or just evasion.

I am struggling through the last part of the 1st island. Me and bruno (my thahd) have destroyed most things up until now. Things are getting really tough. These spawners are giving me and bruno a tough time. Im trying to level him up, and me a bit too, but its been tough. My melee and combat skills are fine, but im not sure if i should get a point in blessing magic. I have war blessing, will that help? Any other pointers, the game's been pretty fun so far.

I thought of using something else, but thahds are pretty cool. I read the faq on here about creation levels and powering through the game with a low creation and I really wanted to take a low creature through the game. So far its going good, i just think i need blessing magic. Im sure its entirely possible to get through normal with a low creature(thats leveled) like a thadh. Im they can do it on torment or tricky difficulty then im certain i can on normal.

Knife, dagger and sword are general terms. Size is not the only consideration; weapons are classed as swords in part due to cultural prestige, for example. A gladius is a fairly short sword. A dagger is not a sword. But the line between dagger and sword is blurry and the line between knife and dagger probably more blurry.

Originally Posted By: HOUSE of S
Knife, dagger and sword are general terms. Size is not the only consideration; weapons are classed as swords in part due to cultural prestige, for example. A gladius is a fairly short sword. A dagger is not a sword. But the line between dagger and sword is blurry and the line between knife and dagger probably more blurry.

Well, a dagger is designed as a stabbing weapon. If it's not designed as a weapon or not primarily for stabbing, it's not a dagger.

I would say that anything that is a short-bladed weapon that cannot be regarded as a sword (due to length) and relies on finesse, is a dagger. Dirks, knives, etc.

The only one i have trouble calling a dagger is a kukri. Kukris are huge by dagger standards and difficult to use, or so i hear. Ive never used one before as i am still learning main gauche style.