Black ops or Halo reach?

Trenton.

If I could go on a tangent back to the original poll: The CoD franchise is mediocre at best, and the best Halo game was Combat Evolved for the PC. Regarding FPSes in general, the Unreal franchise (specifically UT2k4) takes the cake.

But in the end Dwarf Fortress reigns supreme over all other games.

Well coming from CoD you might find the game pace of Halo slower, because it takes more time to kill people. About two clips of an assault rifle (without headshots), versus five or six shots. Also because of that halo probably requires more skill since headshots make a huge difference in how fast you or your enemies die. Also Halo provides very little class/weapon customization.

If you must choose between the two, go for Halo: Reach. Please.

Black Ops is pathetic. The mountain of bugs and poorly balanced, massively unrealistic weapons seriously hurts the game. Oh, and it is gunwank American propaganda. CoD:MW was a good game that deconstructed clichéd American gunwank propaganda games. CoD:MW2 and Black Ops dive straight back into the gleeful stroking of shiny matte-black barrels that ejaculate hot steaming lead into foreign insurgent vermin. It also has zero sense of pace and flow at any point. A certain famous internet gaming critic likened said pacing to being leapt on and beaten violently with a frying pan from minute one, mission one and he isn't lying.

Originally Posted By: Karoka
Both of them are nothing compared to the almighty Asteroids!
You just had to throw in a link, didn't you? Thanks you you I just lost a good deal of time playing Asteroids just now (my best score there was 25940, btw). I guess I needed a little nostalgia.

Back to topic: I can't vote for either game, because I've never played any of them, not even a demo.

Originally Posted By: -Jeran Korak-
If you must choose between the two, go for Halo: Reach. Please.

Black Ops is pathetic. The mountain of bugs and poorly balanced, massively unrealistic weapons seriously hurts the game.

It's totally not realistic to die when you get shot in the head with a sniper rifle, and most weapons have their own benefits, just because you might not be good with any other weapon which a lot of people are using, does not make it unbalanced. (Also, who cares about the campaign? It's a 5 hour long action movie)

Anyway, I would say they are very different games, with both pro's and cons. Halo is more fighting oriented, with vehicles, special upgrades and what not, while CoD is tactical, very little use of reflexes are needed if you can figure out what paths people take and how to go around the enemy team to kill them all from their backs.

Both are really fun though.