giga glitch

and this glitch applies to ALL of the games (except avadon, maybe)

increasing the skillfor missile items does NOTHING,gems and staves always do the same damage in ALL the games.

And no, I am sure, when i noticed this, i rigged up cheat engine and set the skill value to 2000, it STILL didnt change the damage inflicted at all.

Beware,do not invest in missile item skills.

Gems, staves, rods, scrolls, wands (with one exception) and the like are not affected by any skills in any Spiderweb game. Bows, thrown weapons, slings, batons, and crystal wands in Nethergate are. That's by design.

—Alorael, who excepts Blades of Avernum. That lets designers make anything into a weapon based on any stats. There is, in fact, at least one wand he can think of that is a standard ranged weapon. (It's not based on throwing or bow skill, though.)

G1 (and a few games after it, I think) had a number of errors in the skill descriptions. Most egregiously, the game tells you to make a fyora at the beginning, and it tells you to increase its Dex because Dex increases damage for "missile-based creatures like the Fyora." Except that Dex doesn't increase damage for any creation attack ever, Strength does.

• 2 weeks later...