A4 Demo

Glafna

dammit, i was looking forward to seeing the surface. But meh, I'll just wait till I buy the game, as well as the whole of the Geneforge & Avernum series, only played the demos so far

How is it only underground? Were the Avernum citizens beaten in a war on the surface? or did they decide not to go to the surface at the end of A3?

Quote:
Originally written by Glafna:
dammit, i was looking forward to seeing the surface.
Then play A3 again, or load up BoA.

The Avernites have begun moving to the surface (and Empire citizens have moved to Avernum freely), but that's just not where the action is. The plot is in Avernum, and the Avernites been kind of cut off from the surface momentarily (if you play through, you'll see why).

I'm not sure what measurement was used to declare the demo 1/5 of the game. It's possible by outdoor sections, although I still doubt it. It's definitely not at all true by time spent doing stuff.

The demo is the least exciting part of the game.

—Alorael, who can say more specifically that Avernum does have its space on the surface, and that a few non-Avernites are in Avernum for the short-term. A transportation breakdown gives the pseudo-medieval world a taste of the 20th century.

Kelandon-the link leads to a "My Web Search", is that what it's supposed to do?

Dear Alorael- first of all, why do you alwayse refer to yourself in the third person? Second, By what I've heard about the storyline, there will obviously be surface access. Hell, for all we know, there could be 2-3 different storylines for how you play it, or you could choose to start on the surface, or belowground, or whatever.

Quote:
Originally written by Glafna:
Kelandon-the link leads to a "My Web Search", is that what it's supposed to do?
Yes. Don't actually follow the link. Look at the address it's linking to. Copy and past in your browser if necessary.

Quote:
Dear Alorael- first of all, why do you alwayse refer to yourself in the third person?
He doesn't always — just in his signature.

Quote:
Second, By what I've heard about the storyline, there will obviously be surface access. Hell, for all we know, there could be 2-3 different storylines for how you play it, or you could choose to start on the surface, or belowground, or whatever.
What have you heard about the storyline of Avernum 5?

Quote:
Originally written by Alorael::
—Alorael, who refers to himself in whatever person he pleases. Be glad it isn't the second person.
Dikiyoba wishes Dikiyoba would have come up with
a smart reply like that when people where asking Dikiyoba about speaking in third person. But then, when three or four people in different posts start wondering why Dikiyoba speaks in third person (as opposed to one person multiple times), it's mighty unsettling. Especially since at that time, nobody was asking Alorael why Alorael spoke in third person.

Hmm...let's get someone to talk in eleventh person. What would that look like?

Edit: Grammer.

I didn't catch it in time, but perhaps.

—Alorael, who is not convinced that the ae is a dipthong. As Brits can assure you, ae frequently makes a long E sound, so his name could be spelled Aloreel (although according to the Americanizatino of said British words he'd be Alorel instead). Or it could be an Old English ash, æ, which would make the syllable that lovely, unique nasal A found frequently in the prefix mal-.

Since I apparently made him laugh, I'm going to give myself the benefit of the doubt and interpret Archangel as saying that he knows who I am but doesn't know me. Otherwise he's laughing at me, not with me, and I have to be sad.

—Alorael, who doesn't want to be sad. His gender confusion is trouble enough, really.