Your most amusing G1-3 stunts

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think my most "interesting" stunts were actually planned for by the game designer, so they probably don't qualify. The fun for me comes in picturing a flesh-and-blood human being actually pulling this stuff off.

My personal favorite was beating the GF3 Shaper testing grounds with nothing but roamers - which I did by skedaddling when the enemies appeared, running back to the regen pools while my roamers concentrated on one enemy at a time, then running back with newly-created roamers to carry on the fight. I pictured the Shapers awarding me the "Supreme Order of Chateau Generalship" - or at least a commander's coin with the inspiring motto: "A true shaper knows when to lead from behind. And we mean, like, WAY, WAY behind."

But I think that's what you're supposed to do. (And it's probably been discussed when I wasn't lurking here.)

I think I've done one fairly noteworthy one.

GF2, I wanted to reach my high point in power before joining any faction (So I could make a save and get all endings). So, I needed to conquer Gazak-Uss. So, what I did, was, (with a shaper with 6 creations) Snuck my way through all of Benerii-Uss Getting every crystal piece. The problem was, I could not kill ANYONE with a name, or clear ANY of the areas, or I would p/o the takers. (I think the hardest part was getting the piece in the labs without Salgurdar noticing.)

Quote:
Originally written by Nioca:
I once tried to change the Ornk created by the party into a battle mage that cast Diamond Spray. I did that successfully, but imagine my surprise when I walked into a rural area and found a bunch of mages milling around, mooing, and eating grass.
Did you read the little tag that says "base for all ornk imports?"

Originally by Nioca:

Quote:
Yes, but it turns out that the Ornk I changed also is the Ornk that you see just wandering around.
That's what Sarasaphilia just said. "Base for all ornk imports" means it will affect all ornks. That said, all you'd have to do is find all the places in the script where that ornk is imported and put the original stats in for them. It'd be tedious, but workable if you knew what you were doing.

Dikiyoba.

Edit: Added quote.

Quote:
Originally written by Nioca:
I once tried to change the Ornk created by the party into a battle mage that cast Diamond Spray. I did that successfully, but imagine my surprise when I walked into a rural area and found a bunch of mages milling around, mooing, and eating grass.
Can you send me the data for doing that?

Quote:
Originally written by Retlaw May:
I was wandering what was the most interesting things (in a strange way) that you have ever done in G1-3.
In G1, I once destroyed the Geneforge, and then Trajkov killed himself using it immediately afterwards. Here\'s the topic I posted a while back which more or less explains how I did it. (warning: spoilers)

Funny thing is I tend to mod my FPS's to death but I haven't touched RPG's, although this wouldn't be terribly easy on most but I'll have to start messing with GF. I'm not good with art though, so don't expect me to do anything that likely warrants posting the image. As for stuff I've actually done that's odd, I'm sure I could think of some if I weren't so tired, but all I can think of off the top of my head is triggering deadly mines then shutting the door, such as in Learned Pinner's stuff in GF2. You'd think the door would blow up.

1) I copied-Pasted the coding for the "Geneforge zone: ainto the southern bridge in the first island of G3 LOL...the ornks are taaking as if they were serviles etc..

2) i played a joke ona firend and changed the quest text, eg- "when you talk to the "shaper" outsid eof the school- hi <name of my friend> i am a hacker. i am currently downloanding 100 visuses on your harddrive, beware my dragons can fry your harddrive.

<i "inserted" sum coding for

-"FVCK U!....- - 30 all stats+mess up everything"

-can i join you?--+ 99 every variable +mess up everything)

HEHEHE

- he was so confused LOLOLOLOL

Quote:
Originally written by Emperor Tullegolar:
Did you put the iPod on every single walking graphic or does it only show up when people stand still?
Oh God no. That would take forever. I just took a screenshot and edited it.

I am editing the entire Fyora graphic though. It will soon have a mustache when it points in every direction.
Quote:
Hmm, it could be funny to replace the weapons that people hold with various humorous objects.
It would. But that's for another time.