Speculation about "that door"...?

FZ

No to the diseases one... That's taken IIRC. In the taker ending, it talks of new diseases being created in the shaper-taker war, of plants dripping acid and all other sorts of hilarious stuff. The "last creation" of Eass is described as something WORSE.

Nah, it must be a path of research the takers abandoned, meaning it should be distinct from the other mad schemes they conducted. (eg. the Drakon chain, the geneforge, the beasties of inner ghazad-uss, the eyebeasts, the rotgroths, super/invincible spawners, war-bred serviles, spirit armies, reapers, stasis fields...)

Has anyone thought of the facht that the door is just a part of the wall??? I mean, think of the door in Kantre's realm in geneforge 1 (I've wasted a whole month trying to find a way to open that door) or maybe it's a connection to geneforge 3. or maybe it's a big evil mutant pyroroamer that explodes and causes the dawn of the apocalypse? (no, i'm not a jehova, I just thought think that it would be fun laugh ).

Quote:
Originally written by glaahk:
Well,I believe they are the things that troubled me a lot in Avernum.
Guess who they are?
1.they are giant
2.they are intelligent
3.they are frighteningly friendly
4.they have 8 legs.
5.It thinks you are cute
6.all the creatures of this species name themselves spider
(screams and runs in the other direction)

No! No! Anything but that! Anything but those spiders!

Ooh spiders, so loveable, I wonder what it be like to have spiders added to Geneforge as a creation to tinker with. perhaps like a Drider. oh wait those are copyrighted...yes?

like portal to the ancients idea. however it is a toss up between being the first or last thru the portal.

A question occured to me a few days ago. a simple yes or no will do altho an elaboration of your answer would be intresting to read.

Do any of you daydream about Geneforge?

Yes for me, I find myself developing a story that harkens way back to G1. story is of an apprentice to the shaper Danette. this apprentice (Me), after using a few canisters, uses one that was a bad mix. instead of giving the ablity to stop time it renders me forever young or my ageing process stopped. and so before the big kick off by the council, my master orders me into a hiddy hole and not to come out untill I've solved the problem of the canister maddness.

(why there were canisters all over he island?)

needless to say, this could develop into a longer post but I'll leave this at that, and wait to see what a response it receives.

• 3 months later...

Whatever is behind the door it has to be something that shifts the action of GF3 to a completely different location (I don't think it would lead underground as that would not be GF). To fit with the typical GF storylines I think that there would be quite a lot of explantion (probably discovered during the actual game) about what is behind the door and what happened next.

What's behind the door may be an explanation of how the Takers continued after possibly being beleived to be wipped out in GF2 (the Awakened have their docks and the unalligned ending is ambiguous about the fate of Learned Pinner).

I really can't wait for GF3 though. Does anyone know when it might be released (or how long the other 2 took to make?)

• 5 weeks later...

Ooooh. Scary idea I just had. Yes, I'm certainly a sick little ****. Anyhow, what I was thinking, was something of a "Hive Mind." What if someone found a way to produce a new Geneforge, or that more than one person was able to use it... That's not all, either. Perfection is something humanity can't imagine, I'm sure. What if someone was trying to find a way to merge several people who had been "completed," or "perfected" by Barzite-style modification, thus making a disgustingly callous, facts-only, 100% dispassionate person who would become something of a Shaper God? I mean, the merger of minds into one body - not just putting them in one body (which would more likely create an erratic, halting thing with a tendancy to argue with itself), but something with the experience and power of so many different things that had been considered perfect - that is, until this, the merger of those beings, came along, and the collective perfection was able to smooth out the imperfections of each of them when they had been separate? Of course, the result itself wouldn't be behind the door. Only the tools, the "ingredients" so to speak.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ah, Silver Shadow, that would be telling. But if telling it would be, then so be it told.

The Lady is behind that door on the odd days of the week, while the Tiger tends to prefer the even ones.

However, this routine only takes place during the months when the last day is even, when it is odd, the routine alters slightly.

During those months, which I'll call Odd Months, they both need to knock on the door before entering to ensure that it is not occupied.

The Tiger prefers to stay inside on Tuesdays and Thursdays, as those are the days when the serviles tend to gather together in their towns to connive and discuss their future. Thus, few wander outside their villages for his prowling pleasures.

But on the Second Tuesday of every Odd Month, as well as on the Fourth Thursday a few serviles are forced to scavenge around town for food, or simply to do other menial tasks. On those days, the Tiger TENDS to be prowling, so the door is free for the Lady to enter.

The possibility of the serviles doing these on the afore-mentioned dates depend on the date in question. Due to an error in a Shaper experiment when those days are prime, a series of Randomized Events of Unspecified Yet Overltly Nasty Consequence tend to happen in the oustkirts of servile villages. This may be anything from a rogue creation, to a group of adventurers out to do some senseless killing to even that ever so mysterious and exquisitively random message from above System Error.

Since those events are impossible to predict, the Tiger sometimes goes out, sometime he does not, sometimes he comes and goes through a short cut that allows him to return to the door before the Lady comes. This makes it difficult to elucidate who may be inside at the time.

The Lady prefers Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Those days are best for her since they show the highest amount of Gentlemen (and Gentlewomen) callers who bored her ever so with their most of the times pathetic attentions.

However, this is not always thus. The Lady, being a smart and practical Lady as she is, does not shun from any potential suitor, and the only reason she has not contracted the Eternal Bows Of Servitude is because she hasn't been asked by the right one. The possibility of this person is a certainty in her mind. A number of years ago she had a vision (its nature and how it came to be would be too long to elaborate in full detail here. Check out that and other adventures of the Lady in the unfortunately incomplete, "Adventures of the Lady in Godeland.") which showed her the person of her dreams (neither man nor woman, but a mutant transexual lororithm) This person was going to come to her on a Wednesday. The Wednesday would be a multiple of three. On those days, the Lady stays home and doesn't visit the door. The Tiger, though, doesn't know this. He has stumbled upon the empty room from time to time, but since he never passed simple algebra in his ferocious feline school, he hasn't realized the connection. So, on those special Wednesdays there may be a Tiger, or, AGHAST, the door may lead to empty room. Or one with a transient adventure who is tired of killing pixels and making decisions and is just eating a well derserved ripe apple (a macintosh, too.)

(gotta go, so Weekends will have to wait for another day (if anyone knows what happens on those days, please!))

A final note, though.

A very brilliant Shaper named Jaisonberg once tried to solve this mystery. Alas, brilliant as he was he could do nothing. But in a bit of a rash attack of nefarious mischeviousness he cursed the door. (a la if I can't know this no one will kind of nefarious mischeviousness)

The curse is a simple yet devastating one.

It works something like this: At any given moment the Lady or the Tiger may be beyond the door. However, the mere act of opening the door alters this fact.

Oh well.

I meant like the Valley of Thunder thing. I guess you'll just have to wait for the next one to come 'round -- Valley of Thunder looks like it's a pretty successful one, so you may have to wait a month or so, though.

I was going to make some flailings in the direction of making this post on-topic, but then I thought, why?

• 4 months later...