Sign in to follow this  
BenS

A3: possible bug w/ northern unicorns

I cannot catch these green buggers for the life of me, and I have 19 accumulated points of Nature Lore in the party! The hint book said you needed "8", and even if that was a typo and supposed to be "18", it's not working. Unless--god forbid--a single PC needs a total of 8 (shudder) Nature Lore?

It should be a combined level 8 or 9 in Nature Lore. If you have enough when you take the attack option they automatically die.

Assuming you meant "combined" as I thought you did, split 4-ways, then it's definitely a bug, b/c I have 19 points in all. I'll report it as a bug, thanks.

Edited by BenS
duplicate words

Update: this is weird as heck, but swinging through the area again, I was now easily able to catch/kill the unicorns. I did not add anymore Nature Lore since my earlier post! Glad it resolved itself, but I can't explain why it happened in the 1st place.

I had a similar experience where I was first unable to catch the unicorns with Nature Lore 12-13, but was later able to hunt them down without having increased my Nature Lore (either by skill points or items). I suppose your level might affect it somehow.

3 hours ago, Dorgath said:

Someone in this thread said they need to be "occupied"?

I thought that was a joke. I didn't notice anything different in the dialog box when I ran into them to suggest otherwise. Maybe I didn't pay close enough attention?

I can't catch them either, and I edited my Nature Lore up to 16. Do you have to be Level 30 or something? I'm at 29.

I can't catch any of these guys either and I have 18 Nature Lore and the party is level 32... can the person who said they need to be "occupied" please spell out what you need to do, for the slow among us? Because I'm not getting it.

It was a sick twisted joke.  Don't follow me into the abyss if you value your sanity.  But maybe you've already left it at the door?

I honestly don't know what the bug is or even if it's a bug because I'm having the same issue.  How many plagues have you finished?

Edited by Electrons are Eigenmetric Solitons

All up to and including the golems. I've just trashed the alien beast factory, actually, but I haven't swung back through Recalcitrant Unicorn Valley since then. I'll give it a shot later.

4 hours ago, Electrons are Eigenmetric Solitons said:

It was a sick twisted joke. 

My bad. I just thought you had found the solution and was being obscure so as to not give it away immediately :)

This is indeed a bug. We were checking FIrst Aid, not Nature Lore. fixed in v102. Thanks!

On 2/21/2018 at 10:27 PM, Electrons are Eigenmetric Solitons said:

The laying and subsequent fertilization of unicorn eggs is no laughing matter.

On 1/12/2007 at 3:16 PM, Scorpius said:

I was just thinking, would you find it more preferable to routinely lay eggs like a unicorn instead of menstruating once a month? Thanks in advance for your input!

It was kind of disappointing that when you catch the unicorns that you couldn't take their horns to turn in down at Krizsan.

I just want to know why Jeff hates unicorns so much.

I'll never forget the first time I met them in exile 3 and read their description. I had never heard them described as anything other than mysterious and friendly.

I suspect it was a perverse reaction to all of the positiveness in every other fantasy about unicorns.  Just like Spiders are almost always negative except Jeff had to have the GIFTS.