Cheer up

It warms my heart to hear you say that, SoT.

It also makes me a little jealous of the beta testers.

How much longer are we likely to wait? "Before the end of the year" isn't too encouraging.

Of course, I'd also rather more time get put into the game than less.

I'm kind of up to my neck in Macs, but only the oldest one is really mine -- a slightly older version of the one shown above, with a 15" screen. The rest belong to the university, so I can't give them away, though I get to control them.

Spiderweb games should run fine on a cheap second-hand G3, though. These are supposedly available for a few hundred bucks, if you're really desperate.

I'm not sure about best Spiderweb game ever, but as someone who hasn't really liked Geneforge up to this point I can say that GF4 is a very good game. It also fixes quite a few of the most irritating flaws of previous Geneforges.

—Alorael, who is guilty of dereliction of beta-duty. He needs to work on that. Every day of delay is probably his fault.

I still enjoy having my @ slaughter the alphabet, but I've been away from the world of pure text recently.

—Alorael, who still remembers and/or invents the days when all games were just a series of 1's and 0's and you had to interpret them yourself. Be glad you have your fancy computers instead of pieces of paper or, in the really old days, digits scrawled in the dirt.

Table tops, with to much mountain dew and pizza, and funny dice with to many sides. Stacks of paper. Maps. Little pewter figurines. "You are being attacked by a hobgoblin, a gnoll, and six goblins. Prepare to defend your selves!" "Magic missile! Magic Missile!" The dice would make an awful racket.

Oh, and if you ever see a b coming at your @, run you fools! This foe is beyond any of you!

Have you ever tried to kill a fruit bat? I've certainly tried (it's a story for another day) and it was extremely hard.

—Alorael, who decided to call it a draw. He did manage to drive off his foe, but only because his foe was apparently not interested in savaging him like a good b.

Quote:
Originally written by *i:
Hard to say. Jeff's audience also contains a lot of old school gamers too, remnants of simpler era long gone. These people, I suspect, would not necessarily buy into the whole World of Warcraft thing. Good point, however.
I completly agree. If I had to pick between WoW and GF4 I'll take the second. Old school is always better, after all.

Quote:
Originally written by Delicious Vlish:
Who you calling old sonny?

Back in my day, we stared at @ all day. And we liked it.
I was going to say "what do you mean back in your day, don't you still stare at @ all day?" But it seems @ gets the respect it deserves around here. Very nice. It makes me feel very xyzzy.

B is the Balrog in Moria, but I'm pretty sure B's are bats in Rogue.

—Alorael, who could see bats of Gorgoroth having stings, but they don't either. And Tullegolar, your urchins are the old kind that has surely grown up into drunks, village idiots, lepers, and the occasional veteran or mercenary that in turn died out and was replaced by the current generation t.

to all you who have windows instead of macs...

HAHAHA I'll get to play it first, all of you poor, helpless, defenseless, suckers.

(Sorry just have to rub the fact that I'm a mac fan in.)

By the way, WOW, is fun, but it's also making SC2 come out 20 billion years later than usual. So I'd definetly pick GF4.

I need money to register though...

**Pacification Vlish Mode**

Play nice. Please. We are all aware of the fact that Macs are vastly superiour. There is no need to incite another dreaded flamewar.

The last time this happened people brought Cryoas and Fyoras and Dryaks. There was a lot of ashes and puddles and entrails everywhere. Took the serviles weeks to scrub all the noob juice off the walls.

Let those using Windows remain loyal to the Shaper cause. The rebelion will crush them shortly. Our enemies shall talk themselves to death!