Why aren't their any cats or dogs in Geneforge?

Lord Safey

There are (or were) dogs in the Geneforge world. In G1, one of the Sholai describe roamers as "little walking dog things." G4 also describes roamers:

"There is a small pack of roamers here, noisily eating meat and resting up for the next hunt. Roamers are, most likely, a highly modified breed of dog. The Shapers apparently decided, at some point, that a dog could only be improved by the ability to spit acidic saliva. Or to explode."

Dikiyoba.

Edit: Clarification.

Quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:
Dikiyoba thinks one of the main reason we don't see many children (and perhaps cats and dogs) in Geneforge is that everyone can be killed (and in fact certain places are meant to be wiped out). Letting the PC slaughter children is generally not viewed as a good thing.
Or because putting them in would require extra work.

If you play through Geneforge 2, Jeff makes reference to 'the twisted trees which destroy buildings' in a very descriptive manner about 200 times before you reach the concealed tunnel.

Perhaps he would have been better off writing descriptive monologues regarding cats, dogs, and defecation?

"You reach the concealed tunnels, but realize that you have travelled for over a week without defecating. As you squat behind a twisted tre.. (doh, scratch that) bush and strain your bowels, you see a cat speed past you, being pursued by a dog. It does your heart good to know that pussy is abundant in this remote colony."

Man, I'm so good. I think Jeff should hire me to write the script for his game, and he can just stick to the programming aspect.

By the way Azuma, that's a nice pic? Did you make it on a website? If so, where?

Now, I'll answer any questions that may arise as to all the little things: This is a game, minor details like cats, dogs, etc. are not necessary. Do you see authors describing every little detail of every little room/moment/whatever? Didn't think so. Be grateful you have your unsellabe trowels.

(That last sentence would make a good quote, BTW.)