Avernum 5 for Mac is out

Randomizer

One thing that struck me as odd is that I am playing for the Empire, but I can have lizards or kitties in my party. I thought the Empire was famous for it's hatred of all non-humans. Has that hatred changed over the last few years and now the surffice dwellers mingle every day with these other races, even to the point that they allow them to serve in thier army?

Quote:
Originally written by Rowen:
One thing that struck me as odd is that I am playing for the Empire, but I can have lizards or kitties in my party. I thought the Empire was famous for it's hatred of all non-humans. Has that hatred changed over the last few years and now the surffice dwellers mingle every day with these other races, even to the point that they allow them to serve in thier army?
The benevolent reign of Empress Prazac has allowed for the lesser races to be brought into service. Wait a few chapters and you'll see how the non-humans are viewed by Avernites and the Darkside Loyalists when they are encountered. Jeff has additional dialog for when no-humans are in your party. Especially at the end when you confront Dorikas.

Quote:
Originally written by Azuma:
Uhm..the Windows one will be released early next year..right?
Jeff waits a few weeks to hear complaints and bug reports before he really gets into converting the game over to Windows. Figure about 3 to 4 months at least before release. It will go quicker since the graphics are already in bitmap format.

Quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:
Jeff waits a few weeks to hear complaints and bug reports before he really gets into converting the game over to Windows. Figure about 3 to 4 months at least before release. It will go quicker since the graphics are already in bitmap format.[/QB]
Well..quicker is good..so..woot!