Anama lands

NickLemming

Hi folks

If you are talking about the two holes that you try to enter but end up getting lost and come back out again than I will have to dash your hopes and tell you that you can never enter through these holes. If you find that certain areas of the nest are blocked off as you explore, wait around, do other things and the walls will be collapsed as their owners tunnel around. As for the warpmind area, you can enter from other areas of the nest by wandering around (I never figured out any particular pattern) and certain walls will disappear and reappear. This will give you access to some of those areas, although I could never find anything special about them.

Cheers.

IndyFan

This is a pain. Try going upstairs and then back down without leaving the chitrach nest area. It takes several trips after you have cleared the areas near the regular entrances. Basically once the nest is cleared. There is one trip for the path around the southwest corner, the second opens the entrance to the southwest ladder, the third opens a path along the west part to the northwest, and the fourth trip downstairs should open the path to the mindwarp chitrach. Each trip also involves fighting those spiny worms.

Don't leave the zone (chitrach nest), but do go up a ladder and down a ladder (I use the one in the northwest corner) and then go into the southwest part of the lower level to fight those worms. Each time you repeat the process a different wall opens to reveal a passage or room. It takes a least 4 trips to reach the one for the mindwarp chitrach. I did it a few weeks ago and I had blocked the pain of doing this area over and over.

i'm wondering if i've found a bug. i just now got the Lark quest for the mind warp Chitrach. i went back to the nest and fought the worms 4 times. i found 4 passages, the one to the southwest, the two with ladders up to the unenterable nests, and one to the northwest of the central chamber. never saw a mindwarp chitrach or any chitrach for that matter. it looks like there's a secret compartment due west of the worm area, is that where the mindwarp is?

could it be that since i entered the area, or maybe even killed the mindwarp prior to getting the quest i'm out of luck? thanks

I think *i is right about asking Kingsley. I tried it twice, once without asking him and once after asking him. Before talking to him, the secret passage leading to another area in the west (where the mindwarp chitrarch is) does not appear no matter how many times I go back there, but after I talked to him, a text box would pop up to say along the lines of "you find an opening that was not there before."

Quote:
Originally written by trinko:
... it looks like there's a secret compartment due west of the worm area, is that where the mindwarp is?
Yes.

Quote:
could it be that since i entered the area, or maybe even killed the mindwarp prior to getting the quest i'm out of luck? thanks
I don't think so, unless you've been to the aforementioned area without noticing you have.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, i now understand that you shouldn't kill the townspeople until you have completed the quests, but since they're all dead and since I cannot revert to an earlier game..... can I still get the passage to the Mindwarp Chitrah? I have killed about 1,000 of those worms, gone up and down and all around and STILL no passage opens up. Please help!

Quote:
Originally written by happyanca:
Ok, i now understand that you shouldn't kill the townspeople until you have completed the quests, but since they're all dead and since I cannot revert to an earlier game..... can I still get the passage to the Mindwarp Chitrah? I have killed about 1,000 of those worms, gone up and down and all around and STILL no passage opens up. Please help!
There really isn't anything to it but to keep running back and forth. Even after talking to Kingsley, I had to spawn the worms about 20 or 30 times before I found the way to the chitrach. I think you might have to take every possible passage out of the room at least once before the right one opens up, so make sure you've done that. I don't think talking to Kingsley is actually necessary; he just tells you what you need to do.

You don't have to do the stairs. After you talk to Kingsley, just go to one of the two holes that mess up your mind and try to enter it three times. Then go to another accessible hole (the northwest one is good) and the walls will be down. (I don't know if that works without Kingsley--but it might.)

But be prepared for quite a battle. Bring mind barrier scrolls. That chitratch even charmed my priest. Nature lore helps a lot, too, because the animals will fight the thing with you.