The Forgotten zone

Originally by Student of Trinity:

Quote:
Too bad, though. In G5, Jeff should put in a whole Easter egg zone, that's really hard to get into. It could hold the obligatory Create Ornk canister, plus a bunch of weird extra stuff. Like a working Geneforge!
Three canisters of Create Ornk, only accessible after slaughtering every ornk in the game. And don't forget the souvenir T-shirts!

Also, Valcrist, your signature is rather long and annoying. Would you mind shortening it a bit, please?

Dikiyoba.

Quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:
For clarification, TJC is talking about Riibu's map of G1. And there's no forgotten zone, just a numbering error.
So that's what was going on. I thought it was something in the actual game, not part of somebody's maps.
Quote:
And don't forget the souvenir T-shirts!
As long as you can equip it. And it should have something like this written on it: "I finally found the secret zone, and all I have to show for it is this lousy T-shirt"!
Quote:
Originally written by Leftover Sauerkraut:
What are you on?
I'll take that as a compliment. laugh

Trust me, if I answered you truthfully, you'll probably be sorry you asked. No offense.

There was an error with restarting (it being, you explode as soon as you try). I fixed it and uploaded the new version: play it here if you feel the need.

Listen, you're zapping the Artila, but the game will regardless be called "Whack the Artila." It's what Haakai-Tender Valcrist wanted! (He just spelled "whack" as "wack" which is unacceptable to me).

Anyway, I was going to make variations with Ornk (because they look particularly silly when killed) but I was so whacked out after making this (in one sitting) I decided against it.

I have this nasty habit (of using too many parentheses).

Quote:
Originally written by Student of Trinity:
Thou speakest of what thou knowest not. Before the undreamt fury of the Ur-Ornk, whose lowing shaketh the hills, thine Ornk Lords would be as crispy bacon. Mmm.
Thou dost speak wrongly. Hark! the terrible yet divine moo echoest throughout Terrestia as but one Ornk Lord impaleth thy final living Ur-Ornk, and lo, domination is granted to creatures alike who resembleth cattle coated in rich marshmallow sauce. Forsooth! Whither! Wherefore!

</clueless attempt at a Shakespeare-fest>

Funny your high score should be 110. Mine is 111!

Of course, swf files have lower framerates when run in a browser. It's supposed to be 30 and when I run it in firefox it seems like 25.

Think I should make my own Ornk graphic, or game or something. I've always liked them, although I was really turned off by the monotonous phrase, "This particular piece of livestock seems friendly enough, but has neither the ability nor the inclination to have a conversation with you." (Did I get that right?)

Quote:
Originally written by Nick Ringer:
Funny your high score should be 110. Mine is 111!
I got to 134, at which point the game became literally impossible: the rate at which artilas were appearing and spitting acid was faster than the minimum delay between shots.

The rate at which they appear speeds up to every 15 frames. The frequency with which they spit acid is random (I think it's a 1% chance for each Artila at any given frame), but no Artila will spit acid until it has been idle 5 frames, plus its creation animation, maybe 15 frames. So assuming you click each Artila within 20 frames of its creation, it's impossible to get hit. The minimum delay between zaps is 16 frames, I think, but you can still use all 20 frames to aim. Provided you don't miss, the game never becomes impossible. But it's pretty damned hard after 100!

Quote:
Wading through the meadow, you notice one ornk seems different from the others. As you get close, you realize it has been watching you and is only pretending to graze. It approaches you, making full eye contact, and rises to stand on its hind legs. Then, it speaks.

"Hello, Shaper. My name is Bruce. Welcome to my pasture."

1. How can you talk?

2. You say this is your pasture?

3. Are there others like you?

Quote:
2. You say this is your pasture?

"Yes. I am king of the ornks. After the rogues chased off or killed all the serviles who watched over us, I was visited by a marvelous, glowing ornk. He named me king and told me to protect this pasture and herd from dangers. And that is what I have done."

Bruce looks satisfied. The arrogance of this mere livestock infuriates you. Serviles and drakons revolting against the Shapers is one thing, but ornks?

1. (Try and calm down.)
2. Die, bacon, die!
Dikiyoba.

I'm glad you like it. You guessed the exact reason I can't put in a scoreboard (although if I could I probably wouldn't bother to).

The snarling and hissing noises are actually recordings of me snarling and hissing (respectively). The zap noise and explosion, I nicked off some royalty-free SFX sites. And the explosion is how Shapers should die!

1. (Try and calm down.)

High canister usage-as you try to calm down, the fury worsens and everything turns red as you lash out at the ornks.

Low canister usage-You successfully calm down, and at the same time the ornk looks up at you.

2. Die, bacon, die!

"You would try to kill me!!! Please consider!"

1. Nevermind, I will just leave.

*convernsation ends*

2. No, I'm hungry.

"Verywell"

At that moment, you see that he is not ordinary...but very powerful. And behind you, you see ghost ornks.

*it goes hostile*

Not Ben and Jerry?

By the way, this thread is really up there in the history of the forum for distant segways.

Quote:
Originally written by TJC Shaper:

What does the forgotten zone look like and what did it used to have in it?

Quote:

There's no forgotten zone, just a numbering error.

Quote:
Originally written by Student of Trinity:

Too bad, though. In G5, Jeff should put in a whole Easter egg zone.

Quote:
Originally written by Haakai-Tender Valcrist:

How about a in-game minigame as another Easter Egg?

Quote:
Originally written by Nick Ringer:

Play Whack-the-Artila now!

Quote:
Originally written by everyone:

That was fun!

Quote:

Clearly, the next game needs to involve talking ornks.

And fan fiction ensued.