Spawner graphics: G1 vs G3

Quote:
Originally written by Nick Ringer:
... what about the new thahd? I kind of like it, just a bit too spotted for me though.
The new Thahd looks quite...overweight. A lot more like the Battle Alpha, in fact.

But yes, The G1 spawner was much better looking, because it doesn't look like a pile of lime gelatin when it's covered in acid, it doesn't have a strange hole at the top, and it actually DOES have tentacles.

I thought the G1 spawner looked like a giant mutated carrot, and I thought the G3 spawner looked like some kind of mutated fungus. While I think the G1 spawners are somewhat prettier, I also think that the G3 spawner looks less ridiculous and more realistic.

Overall, I think I prefer the G3 spawner.

Overall I prefer the GF1 spawners.

However, I think that both are good in their own ways. The GF3 ones should be for more "heavy" creatures, which would need a "heavy-duty" spawner to create them. The GF1 spawner would be for "light" variants such as Cryoa and Artillas.

Ofcourse, I prefer no spawners, but that's never going to happen, unless I blast them myself.

- Archmagus Micael

If there's a new spawner graphic, it should have tentacles. I'm thinking, ditch the past description of tentacles out the top, and use the barfing stump with some tentacles randomly coming out of it. If anyone has seen Dikiyoba's Slime Beast , something like that.

[EDIT] Okay I'm thinking that, even though the games say the spawners manipulated essence to shape, I'm thinking a tentacled one would be best.

spawner5gc.jpg

... Bam.

Quote:
Originally written by Micawber:
I like the GF1 and the GF3 spawners. But I don't like the A4 spawners.
There are spawners in A4?! I hope you meant "summoning runes" or a crypt that generates shades. Did Jeff put an actual creature-making spawner into A4?

Quote:
Originally written by Zeviz:
Quote:
Originally written by Micawber:
I like the GF1 and the GF3 spawners. But I don't like the A4 spawners.
There are spawners in A4?! I hope you meant "summoning runes" or a crypt that generates shades. Did Jeff put an actual creature-making spawner into A4?
A4 has monsters which have the same graphic as spawners and do the same thing as spawners. None of them are called "spawners", of course, but if it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, and spawns monsters like a duck...