Whats your favorite creation?

Creations are good or bad relative to where you are in the game. A fyora is ideal for very early on. They have both close range and fire attack. I don't use them anymore as soon as I get Cryoas.

Eyebeasts are nice, but if you were to have them in say the first 15 levels the game would be too easy. To battle a fyora with a drayk is boring.

Depends on where I am in the game.

In general, though: Fyoras/Thads at the beginning (I avoid Vlish and Artilas, but that's just me. They both have sympathizers, specially the Tentacle beauties (no sarcasm there))

Drayks/Plated Bugs. (I sometimes use Battle Alphas, but if I go that route I wait a bit for Battle Gammas who stick around in the party a bit longer)

Cryodrayks when I can have them. I use them for the entire game if possible.

Eyebeasts are indeed tough mammas (or daddas, or dadaist if that makes any sense), but they exhaust their energy way too fast and are way too expensive. I rather have a couple of gazers.

Drakons: okay. I create one or two (if I can) just for kicks and grins.

I love the rotghroth. It takes a while to create them, but once I hardly ever have a party without one.

My all time favorite combo though, is: a brainwashed follower of the Ornk Lord (you can find one in each game but you have to be a big fan of Banana Splits to start on that secret route), a Golem, a Translourescent Shade and a servile to serve as a beast of burden, feet washer/polisher and general all around lackey.

Fyora. They're cute, compact, and combustible. (I couldn't really think of another c word to describe the fire part)

Fire!

I don't really use creations, so I might just whip up a fyora (as it is a very early -- the first? -- creation, and doesn't cost much essence) to scout out areas I'm not sure are safe yet.

Plus, they breathe fire.

And don't get me started on drayks and drakons... They're too smug for their own good, they think that they're better than everyone else. I didn't mind so much in Geneforge 1, there were only a couple of drayks, and they seemed pretty neutral. But then in Geneforge 2... No, I much prefer the fyora.

• 2 months later...
Quote:
Topics should not be revived unless you have something important to add.
I notice that you're not a moderator here, so it might be a good idea if you quit your whining.

Notice that the title of this thread is "What's your favourite creation?" I answered that question. I don't see the problem here... I think you're just jumping at a chance to exert your non-existent authority.

• 2 weeks later...

these are what i use troughout the game...

fyoras/tho they arent really that good they usually die in like one hit to a thahd in the drypeak mines..i avoid thahds..

artilas/as soon as i can make them.sure they die easy but they are powerful

clawbugs/vlish/i make clawbugs as soon as i have 20 esscence and have learned it in sharons grove..really quite useful..i somewhat avoid vlish but i make them in some games when i get bored smile i always avoid roamers..somewhat annoying..the only roamer i might have at the end of the game is the abandoned one

drayks/battle alphas.battle alphas rule and since its still a long way until i can make a drayk after i make a battle alpha,i have a lot of time to use it.drayks are made almost automatically after i learn it

rotgroth/drakon/gazer/i love them all!mostly rotgroth b4 i can make eyebeasts.drakons usually come last cause i dont really care for them..

rotdhizon/eyebeast/ i make mostly eyebeasts but rotdhizons are nice.they usually last until the end of the game.well i actually make them at the end of the game >.<but thats what i make

You should avoid double posting and just add two posts into one through editing instead.

Anyways, I think that Eyebeasts are good creations to use and Fyonas are good to use in the early and mid portions of the game. Thylads do look a lot like stone golems of sort, but I personally never use them. Since I pretty much used a Guardian Shaper, I relied more on physical combat than creations.

im never a shaper...they are almost impossible for me unless i use cheats but still are hard...they die in one hits to fyoras and thahds in the drypeak mines and its annoying.It might just be because i dont choose the right skills but...they say they have to make creations to survive with shaper but i dont really think 2 fyoras even made by a shaper would last the entire mines >.< madeek