GF2-I Sholai

I met a bunch of Sholai camped out of a mine. Seemed all nice, explorers and peaceful. Then, I check their warriors and they are beasts-of-war of 18th level. So, apparently the Sholai in Sucia were already well-trained warriors before they got cannistered. For a peaceful expedition, they do have a lot of highly skilled guards.

Then, I find from Rook the Servile that theorizes Takers kill Inutile (I hope not) that the Sholai from Sucia managed to escape despite them having no ship, probably by repairing their ship before the Shapers arrived in force after you eliminate Trakjov.  And they brought Rook with them.

And their nice and polite and awestruck boss doesn't tell me where the main camp is and where their captain is. 😑 
If Lying Zackary the Deceiver taught me something is to be suspicious of strangers that evade answers and give platitudes.

Yu-La: "I wanted to trade with you and learn your language" 

Really Yu-La? Cause I found very very few Sholai willing to trade with me if I was not a Taker. In fact, they were positively unfriendly... Trading with rogue Drayks and Taker Serviles is not the same as want to trade with Shapers. 

The Sholai really misinterpret the situation. Those are not rose-tinted glasses, that is downright hilarious misdirection. 

And a puresteel bar. She has a Puresteel bar for sale. 

Edited by alhoon

26 minutes ago, ultra112 said:

I mean all seems fine until they ask me to help them to get samples of essence home, which made go nope. I mean you think they would learn after the whole Trajkov fiasco.

If it damages the Shapers I am for it. 

The issue is... does it damages the Shapers or it makes different kind of Shapers? The GF1-M Sholai were something between the Takers and the Barzhites 

8 hours ago, alhoon said:

If it damages the Shapers I am for it. 

The issue is... does it damages the Shapers or it makes different kind of Shapers? The GF1-M Sholai were something between the Takers and the Barzhites 

The main question you should be asking is if it would damage the Sholai. If they take Shaper powers home without the knowledge of how to use them, a LOT of people are going to get hurt.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Broken Mind said:

Their leader assures me that they are a calm and thoughtful people who would not make such mistakes. So clearly we can give them essence and the means to create cannisters with no problems. There is no evidence to the contrary (because shapers destroyed all the evidence).

Actually, there is Rook. The Shapers weren't as thorough as they thought. 

That said, their leader also assured me that they are people-loving explorers that love to learn languages and strange customs. Not conquerors.

Nooope. I am pretty sure they dominated their own lands and continent with smiles and by learning languages. And they put Cannons on their ships that killed my poor boat-Drayk for cultural reasons. 
It is also clear their 18th level warriors got to that level of training, able to take probably an Alpha one-on-one, just by practice, not by experience. And they practiced the way some cultures practice their ceremonial fighting (and I include the Texans in that group, just so you know). 

They also have a strange custom in apparently, not telling where their main base is. Nothing sinister could ever come from that. 

Edited by alhoon

Of course, if the Shapers ever find the Sholai homeland, they're going to be at a huge disadvantage if they don't have Shaping Magic of their own.

Infestation adds some interesting lore about it though - apparently the Sholai lands are very difficult to find and when they go on expeditions, only their navigators know how to return (like they intentionally take some wrong turns to confuse the rest of the crew). Their navigators also use magic that straight up kills them if they ever reveal the location of their homeland. Kind of hardcore. 

18 minutes ago, Mechalibur said:

Of course, if the Shapers ever find the Sholai homeland, they're going to be at a huge disadvantage if they don't have Shaping Magic of their own.

Infestation adds some interesting lore about it though - apparently the Sholai lands are very difficult to find and when they go on expeditions, only their navigators know how to return (like they intentionally take some wrong turns to confuse the rest of the crew). Their navigators also use magic that straight up kills them if they ever reveal the location of their homeland. Kind of hardcore. 

What?!? 

Where did you learn that? Also... THAT is the kind of safeguard that the Shapers need. You try to make a Geneforge? you blow up. Not wait for an Agent to find you, survive and return to the Council. 

See, everyone? This is why you need to kill everyone after the deal is done. The benefits of going nuclear just keep adding up...

Btw, you still get the "killed Sholai" ending if you hung out with the Sholai, traded with them, took them for all they were worth, helped that one lady at that one place do that one thing, and sold out your own Council by being a Sholai bootlicker... then promptly turned around and massacred everyone in both camps. No mention of helping the Sholai. ProTip.

Edited by Hyperion703