What new creation class would you guys like to see?

I don’t think a new creation class makes sense. You’d have to add a bunch of new ones or split the existing ones, unless you make the one-per-game new creatures a “special” school but that has its own problems (you don’t have access to them early game for one).

Also the game already rewards specializing in one school. Only proper Shapers can really go multischool and it’s still arguably suboptimal. Giving access to a smaller percentage of the creations each play through doesn’t seem fun. 

Jeff is very unlikely to just add 4 or 5 more creations and double that for variants, so what would a new creation school add to the game?

Edited by Jawaj

I'd rather see the game expand in other dimensions, like with weapon shaping.  There's already a whole pile of creations, and it's already a struggle to have all of them be useful and interesting in every game (though Mutagen was an improvement here).  That list doesn't need to get longer just because.

5 hours ago, Dry Peak, Soggy Bottom said:

I'd rather see the game expand in other dimensions, like with weapon shaping.  There's already a whole pile of creations, and it's already a struggle to have all of them be useful and interesting in every game (though Mutagen was an improvement here).  That list doesn't need to get longer just because.

And GF3 in particular needs story improvement much more than extra creations (Jeff does seem aware that the game needs work).

Edited by Jawaj

11 hours ago, alhoon said:

Still, the ability to create living tools, improve our batons and shape thorns would be useful, especially for Agents and Warriors. This is close to "weapon shaping" that has been suggested. 

that would be more in line with item crafting tbh.

11 hours ago, Dry Peak, Soggy Bottom said:

Spell shaping, please.  Not holding my breath on that one, but just imagine it.

like having trained that spell to a certain level and it will enhance it with new effects?

In Mutagen, when you shape a creation, you don't just pick a creation, you have various options to augment it.

One could imagine the same sort of thing for spells.  Commit essence to improve a particular spell in different ways -- maybe it costs less energy, lasts longer, does more damage, hits a bigger area, adds a chance of a secondary effect, changes its element, changes its effect entirely, etc.

While this could be done on a per-cast basis, what I'm imagining is more like with creations: you spend the essence once, and that essence is committed -- augmenting that spell in your head -- until you release the essence (just like until a creation dies or is absorbed).

17 hours ago, Dry Peak, Soggy Bottom said:

In Mutagen, when you shape a creation, you don't just pick a creation, you have various options to augment it.

One could imagine the same sort of thing for spells.  Commit essence to improve a particular spell in different ways -- maybe it costs less energy, lasts longer, does more damage, hits a bigger area, adds a chance of a secondary effect, changes its element, changes its effect entirely, etc.

While this could be done on a per-cast basis, what I'm imagining is more like with creations: you spend the essence once, and that essence is committed -- augmenting that spell in your head -- until you release the essence (just like until a creation dies or is absorbed).

Interesting. But do you believe such variations should be tied to self-shaping? I think they should be tied to different in-game mechanics, like an option to cast the spell with an increased energy cost or an increased essence cost. 

It's an interesting idea, though for spells a more permanent or semi-permanent (provide a respec option for a cost or other limitations) upgrade system might work better than creation-style customiazation because you cast them so often.

Edited by Jawaj