GF2-demo: How to fix the resolution again?

I have the same problem I had with GF1:M. The window of the page doesn't align with the screen and it cuts most of it. How can I fix it, please?

EDIT: Managed! It simply was a matter (for me) of playing a bit with the options and restarting the game. 

Love what I see so far. 

Anyone knows how to deal with the scuttlebugs? 

Edited by alhoon

9 hours ago, alhoon said:

No, or at least I didn't see anything till now. Though it's nice to have some more [spoiler] minor-annoyance sort of creations from the rat tier [/spoiler]

Weapon Shaping definitely makes the Guardian more interesting. Never realized it before, but GF1's Guardian is a bit boring IMO. But I'm still undecided on whether this alone would make it worth continuing as a Guardian, or if a Shaper would be better. Tough choice 🤔

11 hours ago, alhoon said:

I have the same problem I had with GF1:M. The window of the page doesn't align with the screen and it cuts most of it. How can I fix it, please?

EDIT: Managed! It simply was a matter (for me) of playing a bit with the options and restarting the game. 

Love what I see so far. 

For the scuttlebugs you can just attack them without repercussions 

3 minutes ago, ultra112 said:

But they will keep spawning though 

That. 

I want to close that hole where they jump out of. The text says it is nearly impossible to eradicate them. Why on earth Bazhral went all Shredbug-precursor there? 
Shanti nearly got an apoplexy. 

Edited by alhoon

5 hours ago, alhoon said:

That. 

I want to close that hole where they jump out of. The text says it is nearly impossible to eradicate them. Why on earth Bazhral went all Shredbug-precursor there? 
Shanti nearly got an apoplexy. 

I was wondering that too. I kept killing them for like 20 minutes but I guess it's driving the point of it's almost impossible to eradicate them so simply stepping on them wont help. hopeful later in the game there's more info on them. or they will become a new annoyance

3 hours ago, Randomizer said:

Do you get any experience points for killing them? I'm not talking about the experience of fighting a never ending spawning creation.

I never tried killing them after Jeff started making some things have no value.

I don't think so or I haven't noticed but I'll check again

15 hours ago, Mechalibur said:

I think you have more important things to do in Drypeak than squashing scuttlebugs!

Shanti disapproves of your answer... 

You should edit your save and give a -3 to your reputation. 

I swear, I expect Shanti to die from brain hemorrhage before her time. Good think she is a shaper. I have not yet gone with her discussion with Lying Zackary the Deceiver. But if it is like it was in the previous game + what we saw from forbidden creations (that were not in GF2) I expect a shouting match. 

Anyway, I went full Awakened when playing the original and partially Taker - although I never managed to get myself into betraying the Awakened to the point of stealing their magic and destroying the Radiant College - something everyone worries about but for me it is the top achievement of all the rebel factions in all 5 games: A way to level the field with Shapers by giving power and agency to Serviles through Tuldaric's machine instead of geneforge. 

But if the Loyalists are scuttlebugged by the Awakened, I may work against them in a playthrough here. Using diseases (like Taygen) or shredbugs/Scuttlebugs is a low blow in my book. And it is the kinda-underhanded-but-not-horrible thing that I would expect from the Awakened. 
Although, Honestly I think the scuttlebugs are sent by either Barzites or the Takers. And I don't mind if Takers do that. I have a soft spot for the Takers. 

Edited by alhoon

18 hours ago, Mechalibur said:

Shanti is pragmatic and knows that there are more effective uses of your talents than sitting by a bug hole and squashing bugs as they come up. She wants to root out the cause, not the symptoms.

Yes, but she doesn't want you to say it like that, obviously. These are banned creations, from what she says. A proper loyalist should have been far more angry and indignant in your reply. 😑 <== Agent sizing your loyalty up. 

PS. to be clear: I am tongue-in-cheek here; my "Shanti would say that!" and of course the "A loyalist should have said X!" has no more weight than anyone's opinion. In fact, I am not that confident in my answers, I am just making light. 
Also, I am not a loyalist... 

But you have to trick them. Heh, heh, heh... 

Edited by alhoon

11 hours ago, Dry Peak, Soggy Bottom said:

Shanti remains the best character in all of Geneforge.

I think you had another one from GF2... I forget his name. A Shaper locked in a battle of wills the Drakons. 
Or was he in GF3? 

Anyway, question!

And please answer me cause I stress about it: 

Are the saves from the demo going to be compatible with the saves from the actual game? Because I don't want to sink many hours in the demo only to have to restart once the full game comes out. I am still just a couple hours in, not having talked to many people in Drypeak, just headed to the Shaper towers and the meeting between Lying Zachary the Deceiver and Shanti, and I haven't played that meeting yet. 

Edited by alhoon

14 hours ago, Randomizer said:

The Demo is only a few hours of a very long game. It is less than 10% of the game in terms of zones. 

I know, but I am getting a bit invested in my "demo character". I shouldn't have jumped in so early... If I play this in the weekend then I will be waiting for 6 weeks for the real thing.