I don't wanna pay that much!

Jellyfish

There's no way you'll be able to get this game if you have less than $30 to spend (unless you wait for the next sale — they tend to have one per year or so). You can get it in combination with other games at a discount, but the total price tag of the games will still exceed $30.

Think about how much you're getting for $30, though — literally hundreds upon hundreds of hours of gameplay with well over two hundred scenarios.

I forgot to say - right now for me, it's like 40-45 bucks for me and my canadian ways. (Maple Syrup isn't as delicious as they say. Quite expensive too. Table is just fine.)

I also want the editor, which adds another like, 10-15 bucks. I need 50 dollars cad for the game and scenario editor.I can't exactly make much recycling the cans and bottles around the house, it's only about 1.80/wk!

Do you have the demo for E3 and need to register it inorder to use the character editor? That would make more sense.

There are lots of ways to earn money. I got myself a paper route in grade school. Lemonade stand is a classic (though I don't think it's ever brought in much in reality). Offering to do yard work for the neighbors. If you're involved with a church, offer your general services to the congregation. Tell your teachers your trying to earn some money and see if they have anything for you to do. Basically just ask everyone you know if there's anything (within reason) that they'd pay you to do for them. (Just use your common sense for what you agree to do. wink )

what a topic. you guys are much more helpful than guys on other forums! perhaps I shall have a "bake sale" with the profits going to me. Maybe I can just wait until meeter gets up and running and popular so I can get my 2% or whatever I have in it. (meeter.net) Away! if you would like t help with my financial situation, sign up w/ meeter and make it popular!

I have finally found employment! On the weekend, i'm supposed to talk to a local restorant owner about putting up and handing out flyers. probably gonna have the cash in like, a month. And you just can't compete with carwashes around schools. You just can't here. I live on an island with about 2.2 million other people, try ot guess where I am!

HINT: On a clear day, I can see vermont from a small mountain, with a radio station, uhh...., thing on it.

EDIT: A problem has asisen! Mother is suspicious of my work!

Cash in hand is legal, isn't it? Officially it's not a transaction - you're just helping a few people out of the goodness of your heart, and they're giving you a gift of a certain sum of money out of the goodness of their heart and to encourage you to keep on being such a good kid. Or something like that.

Seeing as you are a Canadian I could lend you 50 dollars at say 25.5% interest following the first month. That way you can play the game immidiatly and have sevral months to get the actual money together. I would of course accept minimum payments of say one dollar. wink

Well, yeah. But discount rates also result in an unbelievable rate for Joe Schmoe. For instance, we have an inordinately large number of people with middle class incomes who lead upper class lifestyles with the caveat of placing themselves utterly and irredemably in debt. The crazy-high debt on our account books will result in our selling assets within the near future, including golf courses, slaves, and California.

And it all started with a simple purchase of a shareware game...

The interest rate on my student loans is about 3.5% right now (should have consolidated sooner mad ). Finding a rate lower than that (outside of 0.0% financing from auto dealers desperately trying to clear out their inventories) is pretty difficult. Anyone in college/their early twenties is likely to get hosed when it comes to credit card interest rates, and almost no one in that age group has any collateral to put up for a bank loan.

The big thing though is just to avoid debt outright, with the exception of real estate mortgages.