CS: Maximum Reputation?

As far as I can tell the highest achievable reputation is 96.

There are a few fairly obscure non-quest ways of boosting reputation, like showing Demonslayer to the weapon shop owner in SIlvar, or talking to various groups of people outdoors after completing specific quests/finding specific locations (for example, if you know about the Abyss refugee camp in the Great Cave, you can direct a group of Abyss refugees near the front line to it and get a reputation point that way).

There are outdoor encounters where you can get reputation for defending Eastern Gallery soldiers, Slith region sliths, and Patrick's Tower soldiers. One point each. Possibly one of those?

My other guesses would be completing the wine quest in Fort Dranlon; and I think you get a point for turning in enough material sets to Rippel in Dharmon, though I don't remember, and am not quite there now.

I'm compiling a list of all rep gains in my current playthrough. Whenever I finish it (pretty close), I'll post it.

I reached a reputation total of 97 on both of my playthroughs, which should include all the obscure sources mentioned in this thread, so I would be quite surprised if that turned out to not be the maximum.

You can get some stuff by talking to the merchants near Spiral Pit and Totem Tunnels after clearing their respective dungeons, although I am not sure whether the latter one gives reputation.

I reached a reputation total of 97 on both of my playthroughs, which should include all the obscure sources mentioned in this thread, so I would be quite surprised if that turned out to not be the maximum.

You can get some stuff by talking to the merchants near Spiral Pit and Totem Tunnels after clearing their respective dungeons, although I am not sure whether the latter one gives reputation.

The OCD part of me really was hoping to reach 100.

The OCD part of me really was hoping to reach 100.

Failing that, you'll have to content yourself with the knowledge that digging around in the scripts confirms that "Ultramegalegend" is the highest possible reputation ranking. If you reach that, you have my permission to consider your job done.

So, what I'm hearing is that the remix needs to jury-rig an extra quest worth exactly 3 reputation.

By the way, looking at the way reputation ranks seem to be handled, I suspect that increasing reputation to 105 or more may or may not cause the reputation display to glitch out or do bad things. Worth testing.

There are a few trainers and spell trainers who restrict access to their teaching -- notable are Sarah in Dharmon for priest spells, and Erika for mage spells (which is the highest rep check that I've seen), but there are some others like Boris in Fort Draco for skills. And there are some encounters and dialogues that go differently, including some irritating wandering monsters who flee.

Does anyone have the titles for all ranges of reputation?

Sure do! Here they are, fresh from the scripts:

108 = "Loathed";

109 = "Loathed";

110 = "Completely Unknown";

111 = "Anonymous";

112 = "Recognized";

113 = "Somewhat Liked";

114 = "Well Liked";

115 = "Well Known";

116 = "Somewhat Popular";

117 = "Popular";

118 = "Very Popular";

119 = "Famous";

120 = "Amazingly Famous";

121 = "Beloved";

122 = "Adored";

123 = "Worshipped";

124 = "Legendary";

125 = "Hero";

126 = "Hero";

127 = "True Hero";

128 = "True Hero";

129 = "Amazing Hero";

130 = "Amazing Hero";

131 = "Legend";

132 = "Megalegend";

133 = "Megalegend";

134 = "Ultramegalegend";

135 = "Ultramegalegend";

136 = "Ultramegalegend";

I'm pretty sure the list starts at -8 (the lowest reputation theoretically possible) and moves to the next title down the list for every 4 reputation above that. (I miscounted before; 108 reputation, not 105, is the point at which the game runs out of titles.)

Well, you start at 0, lose 2 points for doing the thief's quest in Dharmon, lose 2 points for robbing the treasury in Almaria, and lose 4 points for robbing the treasury in the Castle. In theory, that should make it possible to hit -8. In practice, of course, you need Royal Clearance to even get to the Castle's treasury, which requires a high positive reputation. I don't remember if there are any mandatory reputation gains that you have to pick up before reaching Almaria or Dharmon. I also don't know if there are any other ways to lose reputation.

If at the start of the game before you get some reputation, going into the near Formello area from the north and brushing past the guards without identifying yourself owers your reputation.

You don't lose reputation for not helping the soldiers being attacked south of Fort Draco.