Test of Patience help and bug

Usually you need to touch an adjacent unlit torch near the last lit one. If you get a shock then it isn't the right one so try another. Don't touch the one in a skull circle since that summons a construct and you have to start over.

Not sure what caused the problem in the exiting to main travel area map unless you accidentally scrolled to an unexplored area. Then using the travel map in the upper right corner to move the map back to the party sometimes works. Otherwise reload and be careful with the cursor.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. That will be the least of your problems for the day. :)

There is a 'path' of floor tiles the same color that lead you from the first torch to the next one you have to touch. And like everyone else said, don't go down the 'path' that takes you to skulls. Skulls are bad.

In a related question, when I did the Test of Patience there is a switch in a secret room that, when flipped, summoned a hostile construct. I flipped that switch like six or seven times, and the construct steadily got stronger each time. Occasionally it'd drop a gem, so it was worth the time investment, but does anyone know if there's a secret end to that series of fights, possibly with a special reward?

There is a 'path' of floor tiles the same color that lead you from the first torch to the next one you have to touch. And like everyone else said, don't go down the 'path' that takes you to skulls. Skulls are bad.

In a related question, when I did the Test of Patience there is a switch in a secret room that, when flipped, summoned a hostile construct. I flipped that switch like six or seven times, and the construct steadily got stronger each time. Occasionally it'd drop a gem, so it was worth the time investment, but does anyone know if there's a secret end to that series of fights, possibly with a special reward?

I'm trying to figure that out myself. Tried the steady increase in construct strength, but if there's an end to it I'm not strong enough to get to it.

I had a theory that you might have to wait until the lights flash in a certain way along the path until you click. Tried the first room, skull path waiting for all lights to be off (which is rather a test of patience, four lights!), didn't have any different effect. It occurred to me that a trick of that sort would be a true test of patience... 8) Maybe will try something similar with the good circle now. Those later rooms would have a lot more lights... 8(

Unawares: Make a save, activate the character editor, make your chosen one a hugely powerful beast and slaughter constructs.

For science.

Chuckle... I may do that yet, but it seems counter to the theme of "patience".

In room 1, completing good path when all lights are purple, orange, green, or off doesn't have an immediate observable effect.

Given that the later rooms would be unreasonable for such an approach, I then stuck with clicking when all lights in path are on, whatever color. Cleared all three puzzles, opened the exit door / chest door, and then went back to the room 2 lever, which allows you to churn out constructs. Hey I could maybe fill the whole room with them! 8)

Ongoing...

Thanks Lilith. I doubt it would have been linked to the lever anyway, if I was doing it I would focus on the actual puzzles themselves. Probably just wishful thinking on my part... I would have had fun putting something like that in a game.

Of course, I'd make sure it couldn't be figured out from the scripts too. Grin...