I do not powergame, really. But I like to know what stats affect what skills etc. and Jeff, lovable though he is, can't transparency. So instead of, you know, playing the game, I did some testing&spreadsheet sudoku and got the numbers for skills. There might be minor errors, though I doubt it. If anyone knows how to elegantly import a spreadsheet into the forums, I would be grateful.

Skill damage progression:

https://docs.google....YXc

If the above link does not work for whatever reason, Nikki has kindly provided a mirror:

http://nikkis-nook.h...age Scaling.pdf

Some observations (some things same as in A:tBF):

* Earthquake gets upgraded to Earthshatter at skill level 3, damage-wise. Tested step by step.

* Icy Lance gets weapon damage from equipped bow, for some reason.

* It is rather pointless to put points in damage skills that go only to 4, as they don't get the massive bonus above 6.

* Shaman isn't that bad, despite having to split his stats, because his higher skills get higher dice than Sorcerer.

* Many skills don't get weapon bonus despite sounding like they should.

* Icy Lance gets weapon damage from equipped bow, for some reason.

I'm going to go ahead and assume the reason is "Jeff Vogel sometimes writes code at 2 a.m. after a few beers."

Thanks for all this work. Other interesting things that jump out at me:

* Sharpshooter Spray has been toned down a lot from Avadon 1, as another little gift to melee blademasters. Plain old Savage Blow is actually now the Blademaster's best-scaling attack, although in practice a maxed-out Stunning Smash is likely to match or beat it at most levels.

* I'm pretty sure melee damage dice still depend on your weapon type: swords and spears are d3, glaives/halberds are d4.

* None of the Sorcerer's attacks are very strong: he just gets a whole lot of them.

* All of the Tinkermage's direct-damage skills are actually really good. It's a pity they end up being ignored because turrets are even better, but I could see a Dex-based tinkermage putting one point in all the skills of the left tree, at least.

* Any kind of ranged physical attack is still based on Dex, even when "ranged" means "jump a few steps forward" and "physical" means "an earthquake spell". Why, Jeff, why?

* I'm pretty sure melee damage dice still depend on your weapon type: swords and spears are d3, glaives/halberds are d4.

Aw, shucks. I will just edit the dice out, then, to avoid confusion. I really don't want to test weapons now :D

This explains why Icy Lance kind of sucks, then. My sorcerer just has a shortbow.

Well, that and the fact that it has the same damage multiplier as the upgraded AoE damage spells, without having an area of effect.

I can't even see the spreadsheet. I hope someone can figure out how to port the info into something readable on here, because it sounds like excellent Strategy Central material.

I went ahead and downloaded the document as a .pdf file, and then uploaded it to my webspace. You can find it here.

Google wants a password and I couldn't remember the correct one or have the energy to look it up.

What the hell, it is explicitly set to "anyone with the link. no sign-in required".

I just double checked. I can view it even when I am signed out.

What the hell, it is explicitly set to "anyone with the link. no sign-in required".

I just double checked. I can view it even when I am signed out.

Hmm. I just tried the link, and Google is asking me to sign in first as well...

Edit: After signing in and then signing out, it no longer asks me to sign in to view the document. Weird.

• 2 years later...