Collection quests

rist

What items feature in the collection quests in each of the Geneforge games?

It'd be nice to have a page that lists these, I can't always remember which games I need to hold onto research notes, shaper equipment, iron bars etc.

For which games are gemstones and sticks ingredients?

What grade of crystals are used in enchantments?

I have played through geneforge five. Not many collection quests there. I don't think I even saw one, but I havent played through alwans or litalias faction yet, so I don't know.

In geneforge 4, you can get shaper notes to a person in dillame's inn.

In geneforge 2 there is the collection for that one dudes ring. He has a grove in the middle of drypeaks little hole there in the mountains.

• 4 weeks later...

This might be spoilery, I dunno what constitutes a spoiler around here.

The amusing thing is mostly that said 'dude' is a woman. There's three collection quests if I remember correctly in Geneforge 2 - Sharon (in Sharon's Grove), Learned Darian (in Darian's Sanctuary near Gheth), and Lindian (at the Marsh Crossroads, just east of Fort Muck.

Sharon wants purified essence, a drayk tendon, and a perfect crystal. The purified essence can be found behind her house, as well as elsewhere, and the perfect crystal is in a nearby crystal cavern being hoarded by a drayk. In return, she'll make a nice little ring that boosts leadership, mechanics, and dexterity.

Darian makes the Emerald Chestguard, one of my favourite armours. He wants a glaahk scale (one can be found at the nearby Creation Holding cells just below the pass), some Demon's Claws (various places, I forget where), and a battle gamma skin, which won't be found till you reach Outer Gazak-Uss.

Lindian wants purified essence, black crystal powder (which is found in the Crystal Mine directly southeast of Medab) and a flawless glaahk scale.

As for enchantments, you'll see if a crystal enchants armour/weaponry by looking at the information. It'll say if it provides an enchantment or not.

Totally do the iron quest; the experience alone is worth it. Also, save gemstones and emeralds, there's a man wandering around Fort Muck who will buy them from you. Shaper notes can be sold off in Gheth if you're allied with the Barzites, and you can sell Shaper equipment to a merchant in Medab.

I haven't played Geneforge 2 in years. ._.