Of Super Sales and Darn good Discounts.

nikki.

Quote:

We're Having a Sale! - In celebration of a fantastic year (releasing Avadon and putting out our first titles on Steam and the iPad), we are permanently lowering the prices of everything we sell by 20% or more! Even better, for the entire month of October, all of our products for Windows and Mac will be 10% off! We hope you have a great holiday season, and we hope you pick up some awesome Indie adventures on the cheap.

Seems like the perfect time to grab a game if you've been holding back!

(The permanent drop seems surprising, but it must mean business is good, so huzzah!)

Edit: Highlights include the Exile Trilogy, Nethergate and Blades of Avernum all for $15.

Originally Posted By: Basically
(The permanent drop seems surprising, but it must mean business is good, so huzzah!)
At least he's happy eating his earlier words about pricing.

(Though I'm sure things wouldn't have gone so well if he had dropped prices before getting the iPad and Steam exposure.)

I've been waiting to pick up new copies of the Geneforge series on CD. I've gotten all of them but 3, but I'd like to have a CD of more than just G2, and I have no qualms with supporting Jeff. And hey, better prices make everyone happier! Time to buy myself an early birthday present! I just hope they'll all work on my new macbook (once I get it... someday).

Yes, though honestly, at this point I've been present so sporadically that I feel better about parting with a few bucks than getting a freebie for it.

(This is also helped along by the exchange rate. It's a great time to order stuff from the US overseas - another 25% or so off compared to a 1:1 conversion.)

I have in the past seen people trying to get a licensed copy of some of Jeff's games. I am proud to note that in every case, at least as far as I can tell, the would be pirate was roundly, verbally thrashed and told in no uncertain terms to go fly a kite. When Trenton wanted to play the entire Exile III episode, I could not, would not, let him have a copy for free. At $15 bucks, it's a super bargain. Now I have gotten myself into another project. Stand by for updates on my web site.

I started out as a computer programmer about 26 years ago. Learning languages, not just computer languages, but other languages such as Spanish or French, etc, it an important factor in becoming a programmer. That, and learning how to communicate with people of all backgrounds and education levels. The hardest part of my job is finding out what my client wants and needs that stupid hunk of hardware to do. It's like solving a word problem in math, without the book in front of you. You're the one writing that word problem out; then you take it back to the office and translate it into something the computer understands. Once that is done, you take it back to your client, and translate the output to him to see if you got it right.

If you get really good, they make you a DataBase Administrator (DBA), where you get a lot of authority, along with a lot of responsibility. The job requires a lot of overtime, which is usually not paid. But the pay is good, the working conditions are good, and you will most likely work with a bunch of nice people. I absolutely love what I do, even at 2:00 AM when I am fighting a database restore.

Working at a job you truly enjoy isn't really work. It's more like having a life's paid vacation.